Recs for IEMS about $200 for jazz, classical, electronic
Apr 2, 2017 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

saracb

New Head-Fier
Hi -
I am new here and have been reading some threads to get some IEM recs for a while, but wanted to see what you would tell me to buy given my specific experience.
I currently have a pair of Thinksound MS02's (had the MS01's and they broke under warranty). They are an improvement over what I had previously. But lately I have been less satisfied with the clarity at louder volumes and think they can get somewhat muddy. So I am wanting to upgrade but the more I research the more confused I get.
I listen to a wide variety of music. Typically I listen to some jazz, a lot of jazz fusion like Weather Report. I listen to classical but more chamber works rather than orchestral (more intimate, fewer instruments). I also listen to a bit of Boards of Canada.
I would say I don't want a ton of bass. I want to be able to hear the instruments and not have the sound be too harsh. I have listened to some Etymonic HF5's and didn't really like them enough to buy them for what it's worth.
I am not an expert, just wanting something that will be a nice upgrade, worth making the change.
Thanks -

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 8
  Hi -
I am new here and have been reading some threads to get some IEM recs for a while, but wanted to see what you would tell me to buy given my specific experience.
I currently have a pair of Thinksound MS02's (had the MS01's and they broke under warranty). They are an improvement over what I had previously. But lately I have been less satisfied with the clarity at louder volumes and think they can get somewhat muddy. So I am wanting to upgrade but the more I research the more confused I get.
I listen to a wide variety of music. Typically I listen to some jazz, a lot of jazz fusion like Weather Report. I listen to classical but more chamber works rather than orchestral (more intimate, fewer instruments). I also listen to a bit of Boards of Canada.
I would say I don't want a ton of bass. I want to be able to hear the instruments and not have the sound be too harsh. I have listened to some Etymonic HF5's and didn't really like them enough to buy them for what it's worth.
I am not an expert, just wanting something that will be a nice upgrade, worth making the change.
Thanks -

We need a budget from you. Then we can generate a list for you.

May 1, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 8
You have a lot of options at your pricepoint. There is the RHA T20 (3-yr warranty, excellent SQ), the 1More Quad Driver, the Fidue A83, Dunu DN2000J, and the Sennheiser IE80. They are all a little different. Maybe read about these (or some of them) and see what you think. It's possible one could work for you. They are all high-quality IEMs, they just vary in the details. Check them out and see what you think.

May 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #6 of 8
I would say the LZ-A4 or the MEE Pinnacle P1

May 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #7 of 8
Dunu dn 2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back