Record Temperature in Seattle - 103 degrees
Jul 30, 2009 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

alphaphoenix

Banned by order of heir wallet and significant other.
Days like this, I regret not getting central air installed when the furnace got replaced. I'm sweating bullets as I'm typing this.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 51
Man, it hit 112 in north bend today. My gauge in kirkland was 109. The hottest day ive felt around here. My home ac is still trying to get the temperature down to 70.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 51
Man, Little Poppa and I have been surviving on boxes of popsicles and his kiddie pool. I forgot Mc Donalds has an indoor play area. I will be in Lake city tomorrow hiding from the sun.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 51
It was 106 in Bellevue. Everywhere that have air-condition were packed by tons of people even if in the restaurant I work. Today was soooooooo busy and tooooo hot that made air-condition and ice making machine went dead. I was sweating all the time I work.
frown.gif

Now I'm still cleaning since the last table left around 11pm.
frown.gif

man... I'm soooo sleepy..
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 51
Iron_ Dreamer, you in Fresno? 100 degrees with like 15% humidity? It is not that bad there. Used to live there. Up here with 60-75% humidity. Just a killer when you are used to a week of about 90 degrees at the most. My family in Bakersfield is laughing right now.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 51
Exactly, I was surprised when I came here 3 years ago. There is no air-condition in the house (well, at least where I live) and during summer I couldn't sleep well although I came from Thailand which normally the temperature is about 100 almost a whole year except the day that rains.
redface.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #8 of 51
Oh jeez. Here in Vancouver, WA we set an all-time record high yesterday and then again today at 108. I've spent most of the last three afternoons and nights in the bedroom where we have a window a/c. One of the reasons I moved here was to get away from this kind of stuff. Oy!

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 51
... and the weird thing about all of this, is that I live in New York and we have had a relatively mild summer so far. I run a portable fan but I have yet to install my window A/C. Furthermore, it just rains, rains, rains. Very odd.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 51
Everyone is thinking it, so I'm just gonna say it.

Global Warming.
icon10.gif

I spent most of today in my friend's pool, and I slept in a different friend's basement last night. It was nice and cool down there.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot Mc Donalds has an indoor play area.

Did you hear about that one where there were baby rattlesnakes in one McDonald's ball playpen? But if it's indoors, I think you'll be fine.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #12 of 51
It reached 106 degrees here today in the Willamette Valley. I didn't know it could get this hot this far north! I was expecting something... I dunno, a little more mild? It's hotter here right now than it is in tropical places like Miami or Panama City! Our little window AC unit isn't powerful enough to cool the entire apartment, so here in the back of the house. I'm sweating like a pig. It's still higher than 80 degrees outside.

At least it isn't very humid. It was much worse back in Georgia when it was around 90 degrees and 80% humidity during the summer.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... and the weird thing about all of this, is that I live in New York and we have had a relatively mild summer so far. I run a portable fan but I have yet to install my window A/C. Furthermore, it just rains, rains, rains. Very odd.

Completely off topic, but your avatar is exactly what I use on a different board. Those are my initials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back