record/cd shops in orange county, ca?
Aug 29, 2008 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blackburn

New Head-Fier
With all the downloading these days, record and cd stores are closing left and right. I've just recently got into classical/jazz music with my first setup and am looking for some specialty shops where I could browse around and talk to knowledgeable salespeople. The only thing close to that that I know of is a Barnes and Noble that has a pretty decent offering of classical cd's. Anywhere else?

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 5
^ x2, love Amoeba, though it gets a bit trafficky.

in terms of OC, you should definitely hit up Book Off in Costa Mesa. They're a Japanese Used Bookstore, but have among many other things used CDs. im actually not sure about their selection of classical music though, but worth it seeing as how its about $3-5 per CD

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 5
X3 if you're up for the drive to Amoeba.

If you make the trip, you should also drop in at Record Surplus on Pico and my favorite little store, Soundsations at 8701 La Tijera Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, which is right by LAX. Cool place, very friendly staff and they always have good music playing.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 5
You are not that far from Second Spin in Costa Mesa. Maybe not Amoeba, but a massive step up from B/N. They have used, as the title suggests, and also new CDs (and DVDs, video games, etc). You can even shop from the comfort of your own home if you wish (secondspin.com), but then that takes all the fun out of it hanging out a record store, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back