Recon3D (USB) question.
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NosRokanaske

New Head-Fier
Right now i have the Recon3D Omega Bundle as my headset and soundcard. So far i am impressed with it but i am considering getting an AKG Q702 in place of the of the Tactic3D Omega headset because i do want something that sounds nicer and is a little bit more breathable. I already tested it with some headphones that had similar impedance as the Q702, but i couldn't tell if it sounded somewhat lacking because of the Recon3D not being able to drive it or the headphones that were used were just not that great.

My question is will the Recon3D be able to drive the Q702?

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
My question is will the Recon3D be able to drive the Q702?

No, the Recon USB ( own one myself .. gathering dust ) got a pretty bad/weak amp section and is already struggling with easy to drive Pc-headsets. The AKG on the opposite, demands something way more powerful (the impedance number on this akg series is a bit misleading).

cheers

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I figured as much. So 32 Ohm is probably the maximum considering the Bundle has a 32 ohm impedance headset. Do you think the FiiO E11 would be good enough for the Q701?

you´d also need to factor the sensitivity in such considerations.. but as i said, the elec-stats on these cans are kind of misleading, they require more as you would expect just from looking at the numbers.

no idea about the fiio.. but i guess that´s a question several people have asked here allready.

cheers

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 5
I bundled my Recon3D USB card (still use it) with the CMoyBB amp to drive my Sennheiser PC 360s. Other than the amplifier issue the Recon3D is awesome (haven't used anything else besides Razer Surround).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back