Recommended cable for Audeze?
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

audiokid

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for advice on upgrading the stock Audeze cable on my LCDX to Chord Hugo. I have read about Toxic and Q Audio... And several others.

Which cable brand would you recommend, and further still, which particular model?

Thanks

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 14
Hi, I'm looking for advice on upgrading the stock Audeze cable on my LCDX to Chord Hugo. I have read about Toxic and Q Audio... And several others.

Which cable brand would you recommend, and further still, which particular model?

Thanks

I am using Q Audio and more recently, the WyWires Cable.  I like them both and can recommend either one.  Ergo is good, build quality is great, and sound so far is superior to stock.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm enjoying my Black Dragon V2 cable from Moon Audio.  Don't have a Chord but I can't imagine any problems with it.  Had a Blue Dragon on my HD650's and it too was extremely nice.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 14
I can't recommend cables based on sound quality,however I highly recommend headphonelounge, the guy is very receptive and tend to reply quite fast. You can ask whatever you want and he'll probably do it for you.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 14
I've owned the entire line... And my experience has been quite good with Moon Audio's Black Dragon V2 and Silver Dragon V3. I now have the LCD X's and and enjoy both cables pending the recording and sound or accent I am looking for. Well made and affordable compared to the HP investment already made. Recommended. I've also tried the plusSound cryogenic cable with good results and a steal for the money.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 14
I've used with my LCD-2.2, LCD-3C, LCD-X, LCD-3F and recommend Steve Eddy's Q Audio French Silk cable. Good combination.
Tried a few others...... not that impressed, sold 'em.

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 14
 I am in the process of trying out the cable pro reverie audeze headphone cable on my lcd 2 . While it is not cheap at 639.99 it is sounding pretty impressive so far after 23 hours of break in time .I saw that nordost has a new audeze headphone leash the heimdall 2 but the price for admission is a rather steep at 799.99 . I thought the cable pro was  steep . Boy the price for admission on these upper end premium cables is getting pretty steep approaching the price of the lcd2 headphone .

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #10 of 14
 Well I have put around thirty five hours on the cable pro reverie headphone cable so far and things are really fleshing in very nicely . The bass on the lcd2 v2 is just so powerful and very dynamically realistic now. The treble is sounding pretty swell too . There is much better clarity to the sound now and things sound so effortless and not forced in any fashion . I have been using my burson ha 160 for most of the break in period but today I hooked up my big boy receiver my concept 16.5 figuring that more juice might accelerate the break in process . Wow the bass is much more powerful with the concept receiver . The bass has much better definition and the dynamics took a sizeable step upward . The presentation is also more refined as well the powerful presentation is more than just power for power sake.
  Well time to get back to listening I will post further observations as the break in progresses. I would like to put a hundred hours on the cable before I make any final judgement . I still have almost three and a half weeks to decide about the cable . That is one nice thing about cable pro and ted is very accommodating to deal with .

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #11 of 14
Recently I was browsing through headfi.org to look for recommendations on aftermarket cables that pair well with LCD-X.
Somehow there aren't many reviews about it, hence I collected some cables and write simple reviews about them here

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-x-with-aftermarket-cables.860547/

I am planning to write another reviews on those cables again to be paired with my HD800 SDR mod.
Really love this HD800 SDR mod I am really enjoying it ..

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #13 of 14
The best cable I found for my LCD4 is the Draug 2. It's actually much better than any of the many others I tried. It seems to have a great synergy with the Audeze, especially in the upper mids and vocals.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 14
The best cable I found for my LCD4 is the Draug 2. It's actually much better than any of the many others I tried. It seems to have a great synergy with the Audeze, especially in the upper mids and vocals.

What other cables have you compared the Draug 2 against?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back