Recommendations? (Under 300$)
Aug 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zoyster42

New Head-Fier
So I've been a fan of this site for a while, and finally have 300$ for a good pair of headphones, I've done some research and decided between a few pairs (Although I'm open to suggestion)

-Sennheiser HD598
-Skullcandy Mix masters
-V-Moda crossfade m-100

I would love input on what you think would be the best pair out of the three. I'm looking for something that has great highs, and doesn't bleed a lot of sound. I listen mostly to alternative rock, metal, and some electronic, and I have a FiiO e11 amp for my iPhone to help out. Thank you ^.^

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Hello!

Since you already have the FiiO E11, boosting bass shouldn't be a problem and if you have big head, the AKG K550s are great! HD598 are definitely not for you and for aggressive music and the highs are rolled off!

In case you prefer smaller headphone, the PSB M4U1 are great too!

Do note that the HD598 is open so it does leaks sound and next to useless in the public! Lastly, it have roll off at both ends. Soundstages, instrumental separation and imaging are not that great either in comparison to the AKG K550 and PSB M4U1

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 11
Try also Sony cd900st, first recommandation from my side, impressively great on vocals and easy to be drived well. And prob. Sony Sa3000, sounds unique and neutral (fresh and light, very smooth highs but comparatively weak bass). Or Sony Mdr-1r, bass boosted and comfortable over ears. They should all go below 300.

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 11
Where did you get that from? Neva and Eva would be a happened thing. In fact, they have basically nothing shared in common, (not really, both are headphones, and are both Sony) That's it. And IMP, cd900st is much much more better.

Ok I guess I read it wrongly sorry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back