[Recommendations-Found] Need headphones for a quiet office that leak external noise in
Apr 5, 2016 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Enekk

New Head-Fier
I know this is a bit atypical, but I need a pair of headphones (or IEMs) that leak noise in, but not much (if any) out.  I work in a fairly quiet office where I need to be aware of the things going on around me, but I'd like to also listen to music and podcasts while I work.  I used to use AirDrives Fits for this purpose, but a) those things broke frequently, b) they didn't sound very good, and c) especially since I wear glasses, they got very uncomfortable very fast.

I currently have a Sennheiser PC360 set I use when I work from home (I wish it didn't have the mic) and a pair of ATH-M50s that I use at work.  Unfortunately, the former leak way too much noise out (though are perfect for letting noise in) and the latter isolate me too much.  

I'm looking for any suggestions, but my ideal price range is sub $150.

Edit: I should say I'd like the final solution to be somewhat comfortable.  The ATHs get a bit hard to wear after a while (hot, not a lot of breathing) and I've had headphones in the past that squeeze way too tightly.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 14
I think you may be better off with some earbuds.

There are many nice earbuds surfacing on Head-fi this past year.

Take a look at the Venture Electronics thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/759219/ve-a-new-and-impressive-earbuds-brand

And of course, see what others have to say.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 14
I use the Oppo PM-3s at work, and they work decently well both for keeping in the music whilst still keeping me from getting startled by PITA coworkers. During really loud sections, though, I've jumped out of my seat a couple of times from taps on the back. As H20 suggested, my VE Zens (earbuds) are better as a work headphone, but I simply can't wear them as long as the Oppos.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #6 of 14
  Looking at the various threads about the VE Zens, I'd love to try them, but how on earth do you buy them?  Ali Express?

Best pop into the thread and enquire where to order, I know many are getting them from Ali Express, just find the correct seller on that site.

The VE gear I heard was loaned out to me.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8 of 14
just get the $5 Ve Monk :p

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #13 of 14
If I were you, I would use earbuds/iems and only put one side of them into my ear. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back