Recommendations for something like BL-03 but w/o boosted bass?
May 31, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #17 of 22
I'll second the KZ ZS10 Pro, I do prefer that to my Blons, the Bass is certainly more defined and accurate and as others have said, little more treble. But, they can't beat the mids on the Blon so perhaps just EQ the mid bass down a bit on your Blons and buy some expensive steak with the money you save?

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 22
This is a graph I took with the BL-03 with foam tips, and the ER2XR with the triple flange tips.

It's important to note that the perceived signature of these would not be quite as similar as their frequency response graphs might suggest, simply because they are inserted into the ear canal at (relatively) significantly different depths.
In my experience, the ER2XR has a less bassy and clearer overall signature...a definite step up from the BL-03.
While I'm a big fan of the blon's, I've not listened to them after receiving my er2xr's a couple weeks ago.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #21 of 22
How are you finding the Ety's Sam, must admit I've been eyeing them also! Impressive?

The er2xr's are absolutely fantastic. I think they are severely under-rated due to the huge influx of chi-fi over the last 1.5 years. My pros and cons in the context of price-to-value ratio:

Pros:
- a good break from harman tuning (seems most of the "best bang for the buck" iems sub$200 are harman target.
- sounds great out of the box, no eq needed. Though I do drop sub-bass -2 db and pull 3k +2db sometimes
- compared to the blons, the detail retrieval across all frequencies are better on the etys

Cons:
- none (but to be fair the blon's are a third of the price of the ety's)

Last observations:
I held out for several years from getting an Ety because of a couple preconceived notions: 1. Deep ear insertion = discomfort. 2) My incorrect thinking that the Ety's were bass light. The bass on the er2xr are perfect -- very present, fast, and resolving. While I do have some discomfort after long listening sessions with the triple flanges, I've since found some foams that work perfectly. I still use the triple flanges from time to time.

I pulled the trigger on the Ety's because the price dropped to $120 and it was between the ety's or moondrop starfields. At $120 the er2xr's are a great deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back