Recommendations for new headphones?
May 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fuzziekiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm not an audiophile by the way. I'm looking for good headphones under $200. I currently own Koss Portapros and I want better sound quality because the mids don't sound that great and it has a very airy sound in my opinion, the horrible leakage, and the fact they aren't very comfortable. I use my headphones for my iPod, and my computer, which I do have an entry level sound card. I was looking at Sennheiser HD 280 and Audio Technica ath-m50. I would like to know if there are any other good headphones out there, and how the Sennheiser and Audio Technica compare. Thanks!

May 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I'm not an audiophile by the way. I'm looking for good headphones under $200. I currently own Koss Portapros and I want better sound quality because the mids don't sound that great and it has a very airy sound in my opinion, the horrible leakage, and the fact they aren't very comfortable. I use my headphones for my iPod, and my computer, which I do have an entry level sound card. I was looking at Sennheiser HD 280 and Audio Technica ath-m50. I would like to know if there are any other good headphones out there, and how the Sennheiser and Audio Technica compare. Thanks!

KRK KNS 8400 are selling for around $100, so good value for the price.

May 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
If you are open to closed hp's ( bad pun sorry) grab some d2k's before they are gone.

Where can I find cheapo d2k's I been wanting some since forever. 

On other note, I recommend Shure's SRH840s, I have been through the M50s and I found them them a lot better in various ways. Also they are more linear than both the KRK8400 and Fischer Audio FA-003.  They are quite neutral with a little bass hump.

May 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 6
The d2k is inexpensive but not cheap. There are several for sale but they have a high resale value so you won't see deep discounts there. I have one for sale with an upgraded cable. They are about to be discontinued so you may see the prices go up actually.

May 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 6
The D2000 are highly recommended and few others like ZX700, V-Moda M80, Klipsch Image ONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back