Recommendations for cheap portable amp.
Aug 25, 2007 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Ttvetjanu

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been lurking around and searching info on different under 100$ portable amps but I havent been able to make a decision quite yet. I mostly use grado sr-80's or koss ksc 75's (I've also been planning on buying a pair of dt 770 pros)and as a source ipod shuffle or a portable cd-player. I like bass. Music i listen to includes: Venetian snares, rjd2, massive attack, nine inch nails, tool etc.

I've been concidering the PA2V2 but I dont like the whole rechargable battery thing. The cooler the amp looks the better, so the pa2v2 is a bit weak on that aspect aswell. I live in finland, so the easier and more cost-effective it is to order, the better. I'm not very handy with electronics so i would much prefer if i didnt have to do any individual tweaking or problem fixing. The price has to be 100$ or below.

Of course the best would be if there is any finnish HiFier that is interested in selling their amp.

It would be the best if i didnt have to set up a paypal account and that the payment would be possible with a credit card.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 20
The LDM+ really isn't very good; IMHO you'd be better off saving a little more for something much better.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 20
With a student budjet all i will use is around $100, let's say +-25 including shipping. What about the iBass t1? Go-vibe 7? Not so long ago tin amps were quite popular, a nicely done tin amp might even do.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 20
There's a Mini^3 on offer in the FS forum; 115 shipped worldwide. Or yes, the Govibe 7 should be good if it's anything like the 6.

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #9 of 20
I'm selling my (almost new) mSeed Spirit, which cost 150$ new, and is now sold out...
Contact me if you're interested, or check my FS trade (in my sig) for more info.

Aug 26, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 20
C&C box+ it is. With shipping it's a bit more than 100, but i think it'll be worth it. It's so damn good looking
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 20
I like my little C&C Box +
It sounds a tiny bit more detailed than my Shellbrook Super MiniMoy that i just got off forsale forums,and has bass boost and 2 levels. You do have to charge the battery though....but really its better than constantly opening the thing up whenever you need a battery and wearing out the battery holder,or constantly pulling the wire out of the unit and one day ya find the wire came out of the circuit board and you dont know which hole it goes in.

Id buy another Box + if i needed another cheap amp. Its very tiny and cute in person,and seems to be well made to me. No noise at all so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back