Recommendations for an upgrade over A&K Billie Jean IEM's
Jul 10, 2022 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Krystal

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone my first post here, I came here after reading a few reviews and please bear with me for I am very new to this kind of thing (audiophile hobbies, albeit very small budget xD)

Short Story : Looking for IEM's with a hard limit on 350~ish USD . I mostly listen to soundtracks and BGM's. My previous pair before they got destroyed were Astell and Kern Billie Jean (Blue) which got destroyed due to an accident.

Long Story : I have never been much of connoisseur of listening to music before my last year's birthday when my sister gifted me a pair of A&K Billie Jean which I quickly fell in love with (I used to use the standard pair that came free along with the phone I bought before that). Unfortunately, my first ever costly pair they got completely broken due an accident. Now I don't understand much about sound signatures and drivers, but I am looking for IEM's with similar price tag as those of my previous pair. I generally use my smartphone with foobar 2000 music player and listen to FLAC 16-bit soundtracks and BGM's and a few selection of songs that too preferably with female vocals.
To be a better idea of what would fit my tastes (which I think isn't bass boosted) this is the kind of music I generally listen to :

Shiki's Theme (Garden of Sinners)
Light & Shadow (Hiroyuki Sawano)
Licht und Schatten (Tokyo Ghoul)
You Say You Run (My Hero Academia)
Fabiana (Gangsta)

I am from Asia, so I am not sure if I can really get my hands on some of the really obscure stuff or if I can it will cost me a premium but feel free to shoot all kinds of recommendations.

P.S : I am still working on learning all the terminologies and it's my first buying higher end IEM's by myself. Please go easy on me ^_^

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 11
Jul 11, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 11
If you want your AK Billie Jean back and do not mind used:

https://www.e-earphone.jp/product/s...searchbox=billie+jean&search_word=billie+jean

If you go with the AK BJ again and want another IEM to listen indoors or quiet outdoors, then this Dunu DK-2001 will have a larger soundstage and very airy vocals:

https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1391635/2069/

I am rather reluctant with getting a used product to be honest. Unboxed is okay.
And should i really go with the same pair again ?

I was thinking how about :
Moondrop Blessings 2
7Hertz Timeless (Planar - will I need an amp ?)
Sennhesier IE 300 (Bass boosted though :frowning2: )

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 11
I am rather reluctant with getting a used product to be honest. Unboxed is okay.
And should i really go with the same pair again ?

I was thinking how about :
Moondrop Blessings 2
7Hertz Timeless (Planar - will I need an amp ?)
Sennhesier IE 300 (Bass boosted though :frowning2: )
With Timeless, you're gonna need a powerful dac-amp. Pairs nicely with ifi Hipdac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back