Recommendations for a pair of closed headphones for my Burson HA-160D.
Apr 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sam1e

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for user recommendations for full size closed phones to use with my bedside Burson HA-160D. I'm currently using a pair of Grado GS1000's which I love the sound of but I'm in for a divorce if I don't replace them with something with less leakage. Can a closed can give a similar sound signature?

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 6
What about Sennheiser momentum. I heard it only briefly, but it has a typical Sennheiser sound and is very light. Got to say, that I was positively surprised by the sound. However I can't give any details, as I heard it for just about 5 min. Although I don't know how it would be with an amp, as it is meant to be portable.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi BrezicR, I have auditioned the Sennheiser Momentum for a few days I found them a bit uncomfortable with extended use and the sound was a bit veiled when compared to my Grados. I'm looking for phones that are comfortable to wear preferably with decent sized circumaural pads, most of all I want a top quality open sound with classical and jazz/blues. I just don't know whether or not closed phones can deliver this. I'm guessing that I will have to spend at a higher price point than the Momentums to achieve this.

Hi hatecrew1992, fair enough take your point but cut me a bit of slack I'm a new member just finding my around head-fi, I hadn't realised there was a recommendation thread but I'll check out the link you have posted thanks. Budget, don't really have one, music, classical, jazz/ blues, soft rock.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 6
I got to say, that is difficult to find closed cans, that sound like open cans :)
The only ones, that come to mind are the Sony mdr z1000, but honestly I never heard them. But they are supposed to be quite transparent and have good detail.
However I doubt you can find closed headphones comparable with your Grado gs1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back