REcommendations for a casing.
Aug 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
There's a thread started around the forum some where about a casing for the earphones but i can't find it. SO i thought i would start one.

Recently, i've bought the RE-1s and i've found that the casing supplied are too big to be put into my pocket. Are there any recommendations for a good pouch which i can put my earpiece and an mp3 in?

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 10
Aug 23, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 10
HippoWrap from our sponsor Jaben, but I don't know the price (I could ask if you are interested).
HippoWrap.jpg

HippoWrap_Instruction.jpg

If you want really cheap option, an Altoid tin could work as well.

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using a Lifesavers Fruit Tart tin for my Sleeks.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 10
How can n altoid tin fit? ANyway i would also like to know the price of the hippo wrap too.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 10
Been using carry pouches supplied with Sony and Audio Technica earphones to store the respective earphones.

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 10
ANyway, the cords of the re-1s remind me of some other cable but i can't remember it. I don't know how to judge it, whether it's high quality or low quality. It feels high quality becuase it's incredible smooth and untangeble. It feels low quality becasue i felt that if i bend it enough, it might just snap as it's quite stiff. And those cases mentioned above, wil it be possible to fit the re-1s if i coil it into a circl?

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #8 of 10
Wow, those hippowrap looks awesome. Kinda funny, because I've been looking for a better IEM casing for my x10's also. Haha. Anyway you can ask and/or help point the way to them? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HippoWrap from our sponsor Jaben, but I don't know the price (I could ask if you are interested).
HippoWrap.jpg

HippoWrap_Instruction.jpg

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, those hippowrap looks awesome. Kinda funny, because I've been looking for a better IEM casing for my x10's also. Haha. Anyway you can ask and/or help point the way to them? Thanks!

By my understanding, Jaben is currently giving them away with purchase of earphone or IEM.

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #10 of 10
I find that such accessories that coil the earphone cables around it (sumajin smartwrap, hippocase) do more harm than good.

After recently using them with a earphone, the wires became so messed up when I tried to uncoil it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back