Recommendations for a $60 headphones?
Jul 31, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 24
+1 for AKG's K81DJ, which -- although I can and will not vouch for this myself -- some have deemed in league with, and even superior to, the lower-end Grados (as per the previously mentioned giganto-thread).

Note: My unwillingness to make a personal voucher comes by way of having no Grado experience; the K81DJ's I own and love. They are fantastic isolating phones.

Jul 31, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #17 of 24
I've never sampled the Sr-60's but I definately have plans to in the not so distant future. If your friend wants some open cans that are cheap and sound good he can pick up some px100's. I just picked up a pair for $25 and they sound pretty good. if you need some isolation I also have some pmx200's that I like. I know a lot of people don't like the px200's, but they're small and have good isolation for travel

Jul 31, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 24
Go with SR-60 or PX100. I've also had akg k81dj at the same time. (I hope you can read between the lines).
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
+1 for AKG's K81DJ, which -- although I can and will not vouch for this myself -- some have deemed in league with, and even superior to, the lower-end Grados (as per the previously mentioned giganto-thread).

Note: My unwillingness to make a personal voucher comes by way of having no Grado experience; the K81DJ's I own and love. They are fantastic isolating phones.

Well I do, and I wouldn't own the SR60's on a bet. Uncomfortable and bright. The AKG K81DJ's do a much better job, are closed back (so they're usable in more situations), easy to drive and sound great for a $55 to $69 (depending on where you buy them). Don't sentence your friend to the Grado's when the AKG's are available.

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #22 of 24
Actually, after realizing that the SR60 is not closed but teh AKG K81DJ is, I'm leaning towards teh AKG. I have a HD580 and in my experience, closed headphones are much more comfortable.

Thanks for last minute tip JMC!
biggrin.gif

Now I need to find a reliable site to buy it for $60.

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #24 of 24
You'll find that open or closed are equally comfortable. It all really depends on the design of the headphone, not that they are closed or open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back