[Recommendations] 80-100 dollar headphones and Philips Fidelio X1/00
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheNephilim

New Head-Fier
My sister asked me to look around for some headphones for like 60 euro's, like 80-100 dollars I think. We're from the Netherlands, so not all headphones will be available here, but I would like some recommendations.

I found the AKG K540 in that price range and it looks rather comfortable. But, is the sound quality worth the price? Or are there better headphones in that price range?

---

I'm also looking for a nice headset for myself. I'm using a Sennheiser PC 350 at the moment, but besides listening to music, at work I also need a good headphones at home. I don't want a all-gamer headset, since the quality is not always very good and I don't need a microphone since I have a Snowball ICE microphone.

The Philips X1 looks very comfortable and everybody talks about it's good sound stage. I want to use it for gaming as well as occasional music listening. The only concerns I have at the moment is; will it fit my head, and how much sound can you hear outside of the headphones. The open shells are nice for gaming, so I heard, but might not be handy with an on-desk microphone. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back