[Recommendation] VSonic GR07, Sennheiser IE80 or something else ?
Oct 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cornelisjuh

New Head-Fier
First of all, I hate making sepperate threads for recommendations, it makes the forum unordenend and such. But I haven't gotten much response it the designated threads, so I am trying this way anyway.

Basically, I am searching for a replacement for my Brainwavz M2. They sound great, they are pretty average but still leaning to bass, wich is what I am looking for.

I was thinking of the VSonic GR07. The price and sound should be excellent, the only thing worrying me is the bass. From what I have understand, the GR07 is really neutral and has a great sound overal. That is also what concerns me, I also listen to alot of electronic music. I am certainly not a basshead, but when the kick is missing or you need to sacrifice mid/high for bass that's when I stop enjoying. So I have looked a bit into the Sennheisers, and they are supposed to have more bass. They are however, the max I am willing to spend on the IEMs. I can get the IE80's for around 230 euro's (from a mayor hifi and DJ shop) and the GR07's from around 140 euro's on eBay.

Maybe someone else has recommendation ? I am aware equalizer could solve the problems but sometimes that is not an option.

I'll provide some songs I listen too you can understand better.

General Electronic :

Drum and Bass :

(Supersaw)Trance :

General music, like Coldplay or The Postal Service :

Sometimes metal or rock, like System of a Down or Disturbed :"

Sorry for the long links, I would be really greatfull if you were able to help me!

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 4
Trance you say?

I recommend Yamaha EPH-100s :D

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Good seperation ? I have also looked at the EPH-100s but they seem so fragile, not to mention the weird tips. But hey, if they sound good :)

Hmm, after some good reads now I think the IE8(0) is the best option.

What are the difference between the IE8 and the IE80 ? Wich one to buy ? A quick qoogle told me IE80 have less mid bass and more low bass. Is this actually preferable ? 

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Good seperation ? I have also looked at the EPH-100s but they seem so fragile, not to mention the weird tips. But hey, if they sound good :)

I wouldn't call them fragile mate. The aluminium moulded construction is solid.

Also, there is 5 sets of tips for them. They come with medium already on out of the box. :)

AudioAffair.co.uk only have a few pairs left, and everywhere else is out of stock. So don't hesitate too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back