recommendation needed: soothing music
Mar 17, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 23
once again I have to highly recommend sigur ros for soothing/relaxing music, if fits the bill perfectly. I would recommend them highly. especially the second and third albums, the first one is just plain scary.

Mar 17, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 23
Certain Radiohead songs.

Sade

old school slow jams .....

Mar 18, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #19 of 23
You could try some David Gray. I know it may seem like a weird suggestion but I find it quite soothing.

You could also try some Sting, Sade as someone mentioned, the only Kenny G I recommend..... Live. There is also Brian McKnight, Dido, Oleta Adams, and some of the older female artists.

D

Mar 19, 2003 at 2:06 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by mtkversion
Certain Radiohead songs.

That guy's voice just grates on me, though. Kills any soothing effect for me.
eek.gif
mad.gif

Mar 19, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 23
came up with two more last night while going through my collection, and these two are perfect. peter chilvers and tim bowness "california norfolk" and cipher "one who whispers" the cipher album is all instrumental, strings, violins and such, the bowness/chilvers album has lyrics but is about as mellow as you can get, I would HIGHLY recommend these albums for you in this regard. they can be had fairly cheap but only at www.burningshed.com

Mar 26, 2003 at 11:12 AM Post #22 of 23
Howie Day's Australia, Joni Mitchell's Blue, Robert Miles' Dreamland or some early Blessid Union of Souls works for soothing. Once in a while some Stroke 9 or Enigma. And Enya works too (but I keep that on the d/l usually)

As for heartbreak. I gotta go with Sarah Mclachlan first then maybe some downbeat Ben Folds or Natalie Merchant, and then some Reel Big Fish when I finally snap out of it.

Mar 29, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #23 of 23
I second Robert Miles' Dreamland - light trance electronica with soothing piano, and a little beat to it so you don't fall asleep and stay awake enough to enjoy being relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back