recommendation needed: soothing music
Mar 14, 2003 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
My friend is sad right now....she and her bf are not doing so well, she is coming to LA tonite. I want to give her some CD to medidate her. Right now, Bach's cello suites is on top of my list...what else you guys have in mind? Btw, she doesn't listen to classical music....so please nothing too techincal here..

Mar 14, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 23
Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at the Village Vanguard is absolutely incredible. INCREDIBLE. Ha, I get giddy when I talk about it. Sound quality is top notch also...you can even hear the audience at their tables setting down their cups and such. Bill Evans trio is so chill...piano, bass and drums.

Disclaimer: Track number 2 is called "My Mans Gone Now" Just don't let her look at the CD case.

Mar 14, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 23
hope sandoval: bavarian bread fruit
beck: sea change

both very relaxing and mellow. might be some songs about heartbreak, but who knows, it might help her work it our.

Mar 15, 2003 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 23
Billie Holliday....also very sexy music. Is this a friend who...oh, never mind.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 23
Yanni "Relflections of Passion" from his Live at the Acropolis CD is very soothing. There are plenty of other slow songs, but I usually only listen to the more upbeat ones. Yanni really composes some beautiful music.

Mar 15, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
Yanni "Relflections of Passion" from his Live at the Acropolis CD is very soothing. There are plenty of other slow songs, but I usually only listen to the more upbeat ones. Yanni really composes some beautiful music.

You should check his latest CD, Ethnicity. Very upbeat, and contains lots of female vocals.

That Live at Acropolis CD doubles as being a very well recorded live recording.

Mar 16, 2003 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 23
The flaming lips: The soft bulletin is always a good choice for nice slow music

Mar 17, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 23
You might try some Simon and Garfunkel as well. Very soothing indeed (at least the mellower stuff is). Songs like Bridge Over Troubled Water and The Only Living Boy in New York just mellow me right out.

Mar 17, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #13 of 23
Low
Cowboy Junkies
Mark Knopfler's new one

(Personally, I like depressing music when I'm depressed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back