Recommendation in-ear under 70 euro
Jan 12, 2016 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

daid1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, my Xiaomi piston 3 are already dead, I want to replace them whith something more durable and better. I found these ones:
**** UE
KZ S3
VSD3s
Auflamour R8
Havi B3 Pro I (but is hard to drive)
Ostry KC06
Rock Zircon
On Aliexpress there are also DQSM go pro k3003, a competitor of LZ A2 which is out of budget for me, and k200 (@camikeva had one)
...Do you have other suggestions?

My source is prevalent my Nexus 5 and I listen all kind of music

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 21
hey, try the $5 monk ...it is an earbud

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 21
  hey, try the $5 monk ...it is an earbud

oh no I hate earbud
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #7 of 21
....but this one is a darling :p

( follow the thread in my signature )

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #9 of 21
From those you've mentioned and I own I'd rate them like this:

1. Havi B3 Pro1 - I haven't really heard any IEM that outperform the B3's significantly in what they do (keeping a similar signature). My all time favorite IEM. It need an amp to show it's true potential though. Check the review in my signature for details about them. For me they're miles above the rest of the pack here :wink:

2. LZ a2 - if you're looking for big bass but still great all over sound these are a great option. Very easy to drive. Check my reviews for details.

3. **** UE - my favorite sub $50 iem. Probably the best bass I've heard under $100 (for my preference), tight, fast and with great impact. Slightly thin midrange and treble. Average hard to drive. Check my reviews for details.

4. Ostry KC06 - Great clarity and details. Aslo good soundstage width but severely lacking in depth and 3d sound. Not the most impact in the subbass. Very easy to drive.

5. Rock Zircon - Not even close to the others on this list tbh (and to be fair they're also a lot cheaper). Not my cup of tea at all with a carpet of muddy bass, recessed midrange and bright highs. Typical v-shaped......
Easy to drive.

Haven't heard the others but I hope this helps at least a bit.

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #11 of 21
From those you've mentioned and I own I'd rate them like this:

1. Havi B3 Pro1 - I haven't really heard any IEM that outperform the B3's significantly in what they do (keeping a similar signature). My all time favorite IEM. It need an amp to show it's true potential though. Check the review in my signature for details about them. For me they're miles above the rest of the pack here
wink.gif

2. LZ a2 - if you're looking for big bass but still great all over sound these are a great option. Very easy to drive. Check my reviews for details.

3. **** UE - my favorite sub $50 iem. Probably the best bass I've heard under $100 (for my preference), tight, fast and with great impact. Slightly thin midrange and treble. Average hard to drive. Check my reviews for details.

4. Ostry KC06 - Great clarity and details. Aslo good soundstage width but severely lacking in depth and 3d sound. Not the most impact in the subbass. Very easy to drive.

5. Rock Zircon - Not even close to the others on this list tbh (and to be fair they're also a lot cheaper). Not my cup of tea at all with a carpet of muddy bass, recessed midrange and bright highs. Typical v-shaped......
Easy to drive.

Haven't heard the others but I hope this helps at least a bit.

Due to the limited budget I prefer DQSM go pro k3003 to LZ A2 (wich are mostly the same), the Havi B3 Pro I some people think it lacks on bass, but, Havi or DQSM worth the price? (I asked this because Havi is doubled the price of **** and DQSM about the quadruple). And it is impossible to drive well these with a Nexus5?

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #12 of 21
Due to the limited budget I prefer DQSM go pro k3003 to LZ A2 (wich are mostly the same), the Havi B3 Pro I some people think it lacks on bass, but, Havi or DQSM worth the price? (I asked this because Havi is doubled the price of **** and DQSM about the quadruple). And it is impossible to drive well these with a Nexus5?

If you just going to use them with a phone I'd forget about the Havis even though they're my favorite IEM since they won't perform their best with it.

All of your picks that I'm familiar with are great value for money in their price range but not necessarily compared to the ones you've picked in other price ranges.

I've got a couple of questions to help you better:

What kind of music do you listen to?

What's your budget (you've listed alternatives from $10-100).?

What headphones/IEM's have you heard before and what do you like/dislike about them?

If you can answer these questions to at least some extent I think you will get the most correct suggestions.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 21
If you just going to use them with a phone I'd forget about the Havis even though they're my favorite IEM since they won't perform their best with it.

All of your picks that I'm familiar with are great value for money in their price range but not necessarily compared to the ones you've picked in other price ranges.

I've got a couple of questions to help you better:

What kind of music do you listen to?

What's your budget (you've listed alternatives from $10-100).?

What headphones/IEM's have you heard before and what do you like/dislike about them?

If you can answer these questions to at least some extent I think you will get the most correct suggestions.

I listen all kind of music, my budget is about 70 euro/75 dollars or less. My previous headphone are: JVC HaS400, Superlux HD 381F, Lg Quadbeat2, Xiaomi Piston2, Xiaomi Piston3. Maybe the favourite are JVC and Superlux but now I want something better without spend a lot of money. I never paid attention to what I liked or I disliked, I like them all, only the Quadbeat seemed to me lacks of bass.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #15 of 21
Have you looked at the Knowledge Zenith line up?   I'd give the ED10 a serious look.  You mention the Ostry KC06 and to me the KZ ED10 is a real close match in sound signature with a bit more forward mids than the Ostry.   For $20, I'd give them a shot before I spent a good bit more on the others.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back