Recommendation for over-ear around $200 budget
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dann12

New Head-Fier
Hi,

So I've decided to get a pair of headphones and couldn't find anything quite for my needs. I'm looking for just home use, I listen equally to movies and music; a mix of genres (folk, punk, indie, rock...). My budget will be around $200 less is better but i can stretch it.

This is pretty ordinary but i have one concern and that's I need a pair with big and comfortable cans because of I have an industrial piercing and I want to wear them for long periods of time and If something is sitting on the piercing it gets really uncomfortable and even painful. I think I want closed cans but I'm open minded.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 5
  SRH840 is a solid all rounder with decent comfort.

I also find the Sound Magic HP 100 to be an excellent all arounder

more imporatntly though

will you need isolation?
Are you willing to possible Buy an Amp?
And what is your source of music! 

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I'd recommend you check out the Yamaha Pro 400 and the AKG K550. I've written extensive comments on them if you search my posts. A lot of headphones will end up pushing on the piercings. You could buy an AKG 701 and O2 amp. That can is one of the absolute least clamping that I've worn. if you need a good source, I recommend a sansa clip. do a web search for the article sansa clip+ measured.

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 5
  I'd recommend you check out the Yamaha Pro 400 and the AKG K550. I've written extensive comments on them if you search my posts. A lot of headphones will end up pushing on the piercings. You could buy an AKG 701 and O2 amp. That can is one of the absolute least clamping that I've worn. if you need a good source, I recommend a sansa clip. do a web search for the article sansa clip+ measured.

OH yea the K550 is HUGE you should try it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back