Recommendation for noise cancelling headphones
Jun 10, 2017 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nettek

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for noise cancelling headphones so that I can listen to music on the train/bus and not have outside sound bother me, would appreciate your help with this.
What I'm looking for is:

1. In-ear headphones.
2. Preferably Bluetooth, but wired headphones are fine too.
3. Budget of around $100, but I don't mind paying more if necessary.

I'm not some big audiophile, so I don't mind that much about sound quality, the noise cancellation is the most important feature for me. If it has active noise cancellation - the better.

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 7
The Shure SE215 does a great job of isolation. It really blocks out the noise. I use it a good bit when flying. The Audio Technica ATH-ANC23 does a pretty good job with it's noise cancelling, but the little battery pack on the cord annoys me. Having said that, it is pretty decent and about half the price of the Shure.

Sorry, I don't have much experience with BT headphones.

Jun 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 7
No need to be sorry :) I appreciate your comment.

I'm basically looking for many recommendations so that I will have lots of choices and will be able to compare them.

Jun 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 7
For bluetooth, I like the Beyerdynamic Byron BT quite a bit. It sounds pretty solid and is well-built. Supports aptx. Maybe check it out and see what you think. It could potentially work.

Jun 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 7
Some passive In-ears perform on par with some of the best over-ear noise cancelling headphones. So chances are you won't need noise cancelling headphones if you go with in-ears. My suggestions would be Jaybird X2, X3, and Beats BeatsX (in the order of isolation performance). They all sound quite good and have an impressive passive isolation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back