Recommendation for custom in ear monitors
Oct 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

diegodesouza

Previously known as diegotrus7
Hi fellow headfiers,

I am in the process of getting my first custom in ear monitors, I have looked at many brands/models online, have not had the chance to testing any of them as of yet. I live in Cincinnati, OH and don't know of any place close by that would have any devices to demo.
I don't want spend more than $1200 i guess, preferably less of course.
I spend most of my day heads down on the computer, so longevity in wearing them with minimal fatigue is a bit plus to me. I listen to all sorts of genres. (Jazz, "Brain" music, Jazz/Fusion, Bass Players, Metal, Instrumentals and so forth). I would like to have something more flat than alter the source/songs.
From InnerFidelity I read that JH13 was a good choice.

sorry for the bad writing.

thanks in advance.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi fellow headfiers,

I am in the process of getting my first custom in ear monitors, I have looked at many brands/models online, have not had the chance to testing any of them as of yet. I live in Cincinnati, OH and don't know of any place close by that would have any devices to demo.
I don't want spend more than $1200 i guess, preferably less of course.
I spend most of my day heads down on the computer, so longevity in wearing them with minimal fatigue is a bit plus to me. I listen to all sorts of genres. (Jazz, "Brain" music, Jazz/Fusion, Bass Players, Metal, Instrumentals and so forth). I would like to have something more flat than alter the source/songs.
From InnerFidelity I read that JH13 was a good choice.

sorry for the bad writing.

thanks in advance.

Hi

If you don't get much response here, try posting in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/ $1200 should get you started with something decent I would have thought. Empire Ears is a popular brand around here as well. Also word of advice, don't skimp on impressions. There's no point in spending that much money and then trying to save a few bucks (in your case!) on the most important part of the process.

Good luck!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi

If you don't get much response here, try posting in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/ $1200 should get you started with something decent I would have thought. Empire Ears is a popular brand around here as well. Also word of advice, don't skimp on impressions. There's no point in spending that much money and then trying to save a few bucks (in your case!) on the most important part of the process.

Good luck!

Sweet thanks for the tip, I'll move this over to that link. And yeah I keep hearing the same about the impressions. When the time and decision comes, i'll see if the "headphone" company has their preferred audiologist around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back