Recommendation for Brainwavz M3 owner
May 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tristanshiz

New Head-Fier
Hi all

Just looking for some advice,

I've just got my replacement BrainWavz M3 & they seem to be faulty, the sound is hollow-ish, total lack of bass & incredible sibilance (I was Googling for days trying to find the terminology for what I hear haha)
This is the 2nd pair that have had sibilance, my first pair developed it much later on in it's lifespan, these one were just DOA.

I'm using a HTC One M7 with Poweramp & an iPod Classic 120. I preferably use my Classic daily but for these earphones I need my HTC One and all of the settings tuned in poweramp to cancel out the 'sssss' noise & the hollow sound.

Will be sending these phones back to Mp4nation for repair, but just curious to step out of the comfort zone.

I'm looking for another brand, I love detail, full sound & a warm, surrounding/not-overpowering bass but I think a strong lack of sibilance is what I desperately need.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

-Tristan

May 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Check out these reviews. They may help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-315-iems-compared-t-peos-popular-added-04-30-14-p-901

May 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi,

You should read about Yamaha EPH-100. Stay away from EPH-50.

Best Luck!

May 9, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey thanks for the recommendations
smile_phones.gif
, have found some standouts, ATH-IM70 & HiFiMan RE400.

They both have a neutral/non sibilant sound with a nice surrounding bass, maybe a tad heavier on the IM70.

Have looked at reviews of the Yamaha, they seem really nice too. Though have seen reviews which highlight the amount of bass though note the treble can be a tad hollow.

Edging towards the RE400 but still haven't made a decision yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back