Recommendation for a newbie
Aug 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #18 of 26
^ x2 here.
It's hard to say which headphone you will enjoy--that's a subjective matter that only you can answer. 
Objectively, we could make arguments for which headphone is more accurate, where there's emphasis on bass, treble, etc. but none of that will be very helpful to you at this point.

I'd advise against the HD 25-1. I had one for a pair--it sounded great, isolated fantastically well, but it was very uncomfortable for me. There's about as many people who find it comfortable as there are those who don't, so it's quite a risk there.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
^ x2 here.
It's hard to say which headphone you will enjoy--that's a subjective matter that only you can answer. 
Objectively, we could make arguments for which headphone is more accurate, where there's emphasis on bass, treble, etc. but none of that will be very helpful to you at this point.

I'd advise against the HD 25-1. I had one for a pair--it sounded great, isolated fantastically well, but it was very uncomfortable for me. There's about as many people who find it comfortable as there are those who don't, so it's quite a risk there.

Agreed, the HD25 has a lot of clamping force.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #20 of 26
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K271MKII-Closed-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344910010&sr=8-1&keywords=akg271+mkii

this headfone is clear, balanced...light on the head...light on the pocket$$..
v hardy.. v easy to power. i used to get a blast with this can just off my fone or ipad.
snooz with it in my truck...lol.

===================================

ok...the other one which u can enjoy most genre with without getting into amps...
is the philips Uptown.. this can has captivating vocals. 
the akg271mkii more for orchestras. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #22 of 26
I ruled out sennheiser HD25 now. Thanks to your comments
smile.gif

I guess you are right about difficulty of choosing between the two. I think I have a bit tendency towards V-Moda. Because its specs seem more accurate to my needs and I love the style.
Unfortunately, I cannot afford to order them both. However, from this point on I don't think I am going to be dissapponted with my choice. Because both of them seem to be great cans.

I think I am going to order V-Moda M80. Thank you all for your informative and helpful comments. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #23 of 26
All the best and congratulations :)

Do let us know your experience with them...

Cheerz !

P.S. Excellent supraural choice :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #24 of 26
I really want to thank you all for guiding me to V-Moda m80s. It is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect headphones
beyersmile.png

Its sound quality exactly for my taste. I used it with my iPhone and laptop and I am happy with its performance. I have some problem with its comfort after several hours of use, it hurts my ears a little because of the pressure but it is OK.

Cheers :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
I am really really impressed by reviews and style of v-moda v80. And sennheiser hd25 seems fantastic too. Thank you for these great recommendations guys. I really appreciate it. However, it is hard for me to decide which one to pick 
confused_face_2.gif
 and I could not forget M50s. So I am between these three. If i look at the price, M50s is the best deal. V80s are a bit expensive but I've read so many things about its fascinating sound quality. It's versatile. It can go with every genre. However, I've read some complaints  about its comfort and isolation which I think I can deal with. HD25 would be the best choice compared to others regarding isolation and comfort but it is the most expensive one in this comparison. I also guess that HD25s and V80s have similar sound quality.

Yeah, it is really hard right now to decide which one to pick...

If you want maybe a little more help, I hear that the M50s have some leakage, but nothing to extreme. I also have heard that the V-80s are just flat out amazing. So I am also very interested in these as well. Not too sure about the HD25's 

Good luck!

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
I really want to thank you all for guiding me to V-Moda m80s. It is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect headphones
beyersmile.png

Its sound quality exactly for my taste. I used it with my iPhone and laptop and I am happy with its performance. I have some problem with its comfort after several hours of use, it hurts my ears a little because of the pressure but it is OK.

Cheers :)

Glad to help and glad that you're enjoying the M80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back