Recommendation for a longer LOD
Sep 11, 2010 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gavinfabl

1000+ Head-Fier
I currently have a Fiio E7 and E5 headphone amp. I use Denon AH-C751 and Sony MDR-XB700 headphones.

My LOD is currently Fiio L1.

The Fiio L1 works fine with my iphone as I can place the E7 underneath the iphone 4.

But with my Ipad the short length LOD is too short.

I need something about 12 inches length. Could be longer or slightly shorter.

Can you recommend something please? and where to buy too.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 9
Okay. Will do as well. But prefer to buy new. Plus prefer recommendations as different cables sound better or worse and build quality variances.

Music type - jazz, blues, classical, rock, pop, opera, anything really.

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 9
Mr gavinfabl

Wonder if you realise the connection we used to have an now share again?

Remember the Omnia days.......anyways....lets get to the point.

I have iPhone 4 also, i made an LOD for it. Doesnt work. Bought a FiiO L3 (same as yours, but thicker cable i think). Still no output from the iPhone.

Am i being dumb? My phone is (obviously) jailbroke, but that won't make any difference. Initially i assumed the iPhone 4 is wired slightly different, different resistors or something. Anyways, now the L3 doesnt work, i am more stumped, especially when you say the L1 works for you?

Confused.

I will get you to respond.....

:wink:

Take care bro!

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Yes I remember you very well
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have bought the L3 as well and found that it works well. I did once have to reboot the iPhone 4. Also because the L3 is thicker it did stop working once, maybe the connections came loose. To be honest I prefer the L1. Smaller profile and easier to bend. Sound quality is less but sometimes difficult to tell.

Sounds like you might have a faulty cable.

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 9
Oct 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Crazy as hell, but it all of a sudden woks!! 0 like 5 mins ago

:)

w00t....trust me, i ain't no dumb ass, it didnt work....tried many times. But i didnt try rebooting the phone tho, so good call. I rebooted during the end of the week so when i read this, first thing i tried and blam!

LOD gives life to the E7 which gives life to the Shures!!

Awesome, sound is soooooooo much cleaner.

Will try my own (better) LOD tomorrow....should work now methinks!

Thanks Gavin, i knew u would remember me :wink:

catch u somewhere else next time :p

EDIT: Mine (custom built) works a treat, forget waiting.....think that last reboot was the most expensive one ever, cost me the money for L3....maybe i will return it :wink: or keep as a spare, i like the gold connector though, so might use it too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back