Recommend this Indian an amp for Shrue 846/Westone 4r under $500
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

prashant

New Head-Fier
I live in India where no CIEM/IEMs/no amps are available.Heck not even an audiologist who knows how to take ear models. but that's another story. 

I've a Westone 4r which I enjoy with Comply P level tips. 

I would be visiting US for a week & going to pick an Shure 846 for myself ,this would be only chance in the next 8 months to buy a portable amp at reasonable prices (without hassle of customs).My budget is $500 . I'm on a tight business trip ,so won't be able to goto stores ,I would be calling for the amp right away to my hotel.

I listen to all kind of music including Rock ,Jazz ,Pop, trance etc. .My primary source is iPhone 5

Could you please help me select a good portable amp for myself.

I've ruled out Balance Amp as this would mean , I've get another cable for both Shure & Westone 4r , I would rather spend all money on portable amp (Correct me if wrong)

I've been looking at Pico Slim/RSA Shadow as recommended by gift guide but confused with both.

PS : I've been recommended JDS Labs C5 by SkyBleu on a post made in a wrong section . I'm reading reviews regarding those as well.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 5
You'd be better off getting a new DAP like the X3 or DX50 since the DAC of Apple stuff is not great. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 5
I was in your same situation last week, instead of a DAP, I got a Fiio E17 - an AMP/DAC so I can use it with both my mobile and laptop. India doesn't have an audiologist? which part of India are you from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back