recommend some lesser known cds to each other...
Jan 23, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #32 of 36
Some really excellent indie jazz-oriented trip-hop can be had in "Asteroid Belt" by Velvet Chain, and purchased at:
http://www.velvetchain.com - and follow the links to the new "Asteroid Belt" CD - there are free full-length .mp3 samples of a few of the songs as well. Do your ears and your psyches a favor, and at least check out the free samples. There are free .mp3 full-length samples of their other work as well.

This music will take you to some of the places your spirit has been longing to go - at least for a refreshing visit.

Jan 23, 2004 at 11:01 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

I listened to some samples & Im going to give it a shot today (purchase).

I hope you like it eyeteeth. And what I like most about the album is that all the tracks flow together (with a theme or two reprised ala a "concept" album). That's something you won't pick up from the samples.

I hope both you guys really like it, but if you don't - my copy is beat and I'll take it off your hands if you hate it! How's that for standing behind a recommendation.

Jan 23, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #34 of 36
Hi Chadbang...
I listened to some samples, and while I liked the music and the words, I just could not get past the guy's voice...it just didn't do it for me. Otherwise I think they sound pretty good. In any case, thanks for the recommendation it is always fun to check out different stuff.

Feb 3, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #35 of 36
Fyrfytrhoges,

I went to the burningshed website and ordered a copy of Cipher's "One Who Whispers". From start to finish, every track is an amazing piece of instrumental/electronic ambient music. Without your reco, I would never have been enriched by this wonderful work. While snippets of this work remind me of many other ambient artists, the whole of the music strikes me as being greater music than the others produce. Kind of like when Tomita renders Debussy - there's significant musical artistic creativity behind the performance/production. And, imporant for a Head-FI site, the performance and production are quite good. I really AM enriched to have this work in my collection. Thanks so much!!!

Feb 3, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #36 of 36
IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!

i'm glad you're enjoying it as much as i do!

just last week i ordered their first album which can be had from amazon.com, i don't know much about it but if it's half as good as "one who whispers" i'll be a happy boy.

i still ordered it from burningshed instead of amazon because i am hugely in favor of supporting indie operations like burningshed as opposed to amazon. amazon's got enough of my money......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back