Recommend some headphones for my home setup*
Mar 10, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #47 of 53
Another vote for Denon D2000.

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #48 of 53
The Denons seem to be a favorite around here... I may order them and if they get here before my trip then sweet, if they don't my IEMs will be fine.

How nice. After I called the store selling through Amazon and left a message telling them I wanted to get the Denons but I wanted faster shipping the price mysteriously went up from $213 to $249 on Amazon (which is still in my $400 budget but is still annoying).

UPS Ground has no chance of getting here before my 9 day trip, so I will just wait until during the trip to keep looking and order then. Should I wait for a new line of Denons since both the D2000 and D5000 seem to be becoming less available?

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #49 of 53
Hello, someone recommended the yuin pk1. I have not owned thepk1 but i did own the ok1 and I have to disagree about the comfort statement. I did order separate foamies for them and still they were totally uncomfortable to me. I did use them as earbud so not in iem mode but i hear they dont work that great in iem mode anyway.
The nice thing sbout the denons is that you can always let them be upgraded at some point by lawson audio. I am not into the denons so not sure if there indeed is coming a new lineup, maybe ask the folks at headroom?
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #52 of 53
PK1 has slimmer profile, so it is more comfortable than OK1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yes one more thing, even though i did not find the ok1 comfortable, head-direct is great to deal with.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #53 of 53
So when I called to ask about faster shipping on the Denon's they called back and said they only did ground shipping, but this morning I got an email saying it would be an extra $15 for faster shipping (to get here by the weekend). I figure with the feedback I am getting that I will end up purchasing the D2000s at some point and they are getting harder and harder to find (and the prices are going up too), so I am going to order those now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back