Recommend me the best $20 headphones is the HD201 good?
Dec 27, 2008 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

effectic

Banned
After purchasing the logitech Z5500 I no longer has the cash for expensive headpones.

But thats ok now I can watch movies in real 5.1 with THX certified speakers.
Sounds like the real cinema to so I am happy with my speakers.

But they kinda such in the music department. I mean the sub is awesome and powerful but I do not think they hold up well enough for music.

So I need some cheap headphones that has better bass than this sub and that can deliver music much better.

I hear the senn HD201 us great perhaps there is something better?
My choices are also limited as I want to purchase a optical cable in the same place so all can come in the same packaging so international shipping can be reduced.

So hit me people best headphones for around $20 or less.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 21
koss ur29. monstrous bass. the radio shack version is being cleared out in store for 9.50
jvc hag770. absolutely humongous bass but its 24$ plus shipping
the jvc hag101 will give good bass when eq'd and costs 9.99

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #9 of 21
hmm these are some interesting choices here I am doing a little bit of research here
smily_headphones1.gif

Researching all that you guys have recommended.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am also thinking if buying this optical cable for my speaker to play movies in DTS will be worth it. Or just use the analogue cable you know.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about the JVC HA-RX500 Full Size Headphone?

I am buying the headphone and optical cable at the same time.

And I want to buy them on buy.com or shipped and sold by amazon.

You can get the RX500 for $25 shipped from Amazon if you buy something else for $1. So your budget is now $25? Edit: Or, you could buy this JVC look a like for $25 shipped from Amazon if you buy something else for $6.

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get the RX500 for $25 shipped from Amazon if you buy something else for $1. So your budget is now $25? Edit: Or, you could buy this JVC look a like for $25 shipped from Amazon if you buy something else for $6.

Yes the optical cable for the Z5500 is $9 on Amazon. But thats ok.

So I can get both same place in same packaging this is very nice.

The JVC you recommended is it good?

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #13 of 21
How many times is this thread going to be repeated over and over again by the same OP? The question has been discussed several times in past few weeks alone.

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JVC you recommended is it good?

What makes you ask that? I did not recommend the JVC. I haven't used any JVC headphones. The less expensive on Amazon looks a lot like the RX500. Maybe it's the RX300? I'm guessing with a little modding, one of those JVCs would sound OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back