Recommend me some modern rock music!
Aug 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

wind016

Headphoneus Supremus
The more I immersed myself in international music, the more I lost touch with what's new in American rock. What are some of the best rock bands today?

Also, what are some bands that sound like an English speaking version of Nico Touches The Walls?

Post videos please.

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 17
Some Anberlin videos for you. They may be a little different from what you like but trying something new can be good. They are one of my fave bands :)

Also, I'm in to VersaEmerge:

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
Some Anberlin videos for you. They may be a little different from what you like but trying something new can be good. They are one of my fave bands :)

Also, I'm in to VersaEmerge:

Thanks! Great band choices meyameya! I never heard them before and I'm always looking to find some new artists. I'm going to look for some of their albums. Their music reminds me of my Peavey 5150 days
biggrin.gif
  The last band reminds me of Fireflight and Flyleaf.  Got anymore recs? Thanks again!

Anybody else got some recommendations?

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 17
Glad you enjoyed them :) 

A few more I'd like to recommend would be Head Automatica

I can't seem to find 'the razor' by head automatica in YT but they definitely have even better songs than that. But the video will at least give you a taste of what their sound.

I'd also really like for you to check out some Envy On The Coast if you're not familiar with them. Here's a video:

-They have unfortunately already disbanded but I believe some of them stuck together and created a new band. Anyway.....

And last but not the least, the band in my avatar. Please give them the benefit of the doubt as they are a local band in my country and give them a listen first.  "Franco"

Thoughts?

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed them :) 

A few more I'd like to recommend would be Head Automatica

I can't seem to find 'the razor' by head automatica in YT but they definitely have even better songs than that. But the video will at least give you a taste of what their sound.

I'd also really like for you to check out some Envy On The Coast if you're not familiar with them. Here's a video:

-They have unfortunately already disbanded but I believe some of them stuck together and created a new band. Anyway.....

And last but not the least, the band in my avatar. Please give them the benefit of the doubt as they are a local band in my country and give them a listen first.  "Franco"

Thoughts?

I listened to Head Automatica, but I couldn't get myself to like the vocals. Envy On The Coast is cool, but seems a bit Hot Topic-ish if you know what I mean.

"Franco" was sick though. I dig their vocals.  XD

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 17
Yeah, head automatica is an acquired taste, i din't like em at first listen =p one day my playlist got to them and i suddenly digged all their songs =p

I believe envy on the coast's vocalist looks up to Daryl Palumbo(head automatica's vocalist - also the vocalist of glass jaw which is a huge change) and you can see Daryl's influence on his style too.

Really glad you liked Franco though as they are what I originally wanted other people to like(my avatar is a testament to how much i like em) =p Franco is a superband(everyone in the band is in their own respective groups but got together for an album) and personally, my local music heroes =)) 

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Yeah, head automatica is an acquired taste, i din't like em at first listen =p one day my playlist got to them and i suddenly digged all their songs =p

I believe envy on the coast's vocalist looks up to Daryl Palumbo(head automatica's vocalist - also the vocalist of glass jaw which is a huge change) and you can see Daryl's influence on his style too.

Really glad you liked Franco though as they are what I originally wanted other people to like(my avatar is a testament to how much i like em) =p Franco is a superband(everyone in the band is in their own respective groups but got together for an album) and personally, my local music heroes =)) 

ICIC  Thanks again man. I'll look up Franco's album, though it does suck that it seems like a one time thing.

Anyways, you or anybody else have recommendations?

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:

Thoughts?

I kinda like that Franco song. Im mostly responding to subscribe to this thread..but heres a band that I like. First heard them when they opened for Stereophonics a few years back.

Sorry the only good link I could find was from Vevo with an add. oh well, still a good song.

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
I kinda like that Franco song. Im mostly responding to subscribe to this thread..but heres a band that I like. First heard them when they opened for Stereophonics a few years back.

Sorry the only good link I could find was from Vevo with an add. oh well, still a good song.

Cool band man! I like the deep vocals and aggressive guitar sound. Nice music video, though I'm a bit confused haha

More recs please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back