Recommend me some good clip-ons...
Feb 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bill-P

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi. Looking around, I haven't seen many clip-on headphones still on the market. I'm currently looking for a pair that fits the following criterias:

1) Retractable cord
2) If it's with remote and mic for my iPhone, that's all the better, but this is not a critical requirement
3) Decent sound
4) Better-looking than Koss KSC75

So... I'm hoping some experts can chime in on this. I've currently narrowed my search down to just the ATH-EW9, but I'm very certain there are more. Budget is under $200.

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 9
Dunno about retractable cord, but the Yuin G2A is pretty nice looking

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Does it have to be the earbud type?  Moshi Clarus is actually a great monitor that technically can be classified as a clip on.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 9
There's the AT ones those are the only one I can think of off the top of my head

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah... I know Audio Technica has produced a whole bunch of clip-ons, but of them, the EM7, EM700 are no longer in production, and I can't find them anywhere.

EW9, I somewhat don't like their look.

The only other ones I can look at are EQ300M, EQ600, and EQ700, but I have read reports of poor sound, flimsy build quality, and overall not really good headphones.

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 9
I have the EQ700, it's not bad but, I can't say it's very good either.
The portability is top notch and the sound is so-so (unless you're a basshead) but the build quality is less promising, especially with those thin and fragile looking cables (it seriously looks like I can cut the cables with my fingernails, lol). I used it to listen to classical and orchestral, the sound was quite crisp if not for the lack of padding which inhibits noise reduction from the outside. Overall, the price is right. I saw some from Sony which looked quite similar, don't remember which model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back