Recommend me some earphones paired with my sony s845 please!
Oct 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ok1907

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I want to find a good synergy with my a845 and some new earphones. I will mostly listen to metal-rock-r&b. I like bass but I have some headphones having extreme bass. So, neutral earphones would be ideal for me. My limit is $150. Thanks in advance.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, the included earphones aren't bad at all - what do you think of them? And, if you aren't bothered by the hiss the A845 produces, you may enjoy a number of phones. What sort of sound do you like? Neutral has little to no meaning without qualification. Mid-centred? Treble-tipped, bass-y?

And your earphones - don't any of them work already with the Sony?

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 5
I didn't really like those included headphones. Noise cancellation is good but SQ is not. I meant "balanced" by saying neutral but actually I can live with every kind of earphones with no hiss. It's a big issue for me. When there is big amount of hiss, I can't enjoy music.Therefore I think my options are limited and I may think of returning a845 and getting another player. This is not related to topic but how does J3 sound compared to a845? Would it be better if I buy that?

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I sold my A845 without comparing it directly to the J3. The J3 does have a lot less hiss though, and in some ways a better EQ. The sony does have a really crazy EQ (sure it cuts the dynamics, but it performs well). I love Sony, but I hate hiss - hate hiss.

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Me too. Also I don't like UI. It's kinda boring and outdated.You can't even create playlist. Sony haven't changed UI for years. I knew the UI would be the same with older models and thought it wouldn't be a problem but I was wrong. The biggest problem is hiss though. Anyway, returning it is the right decision for me. I will buy a j3 and hope that it has good sq. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back