Recommend me Closed back, high end headphones for the workplace and complimenting amp/dac
Sep 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 21
New headband options for lcd x? Wow did i read that right? I wonder how easy it will be to change.

I will for sure audition the ETHER C.
Would the ETHER C pair well with the Deckard?

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 21
I'm sure it'll take a while for the headband, but i know they're in high demand and Audeze has expressed their desire to release new ones. Hopefully by the end of the year.

And the Deckard is all Class-A with plenty of power for almost any planar headphone, so I'm assuming it would work great with the Ether C.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #18 of 21
New headband options for lcd x? Wow did i read that right? I wonder how easy it will be to change.

I will for sure audition the ETHER C.
Would the ETHER C pair well with the Deckard?

Perfectly I think, the Deckard is a very underrated amp and you'll lose nothing by getting it over the Hugo imo. It's very powerful and will drive almost anything. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 21

Perfectly I think, the Deckard is a very underrated amp and you'll lose nothing by getting it over the Hugo imo. It's very powerful and will drive almost anything. 

Why is it then that there's people in the Deckard thread saying that Audeze went too far on the low-end and didn't give the Deckard enough power to drive the LCD's?  Are they just being silly?

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #20 of 21
It puts 4W into 32 ohms, which means it's quite well powered for planars even by Audeze's liberal recommendations. I have no clue what those people are talking about. Some people.....

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #21 of 21
I have no idea what the guys in the Deckard thread are saying but my Deckard is uncolored, neutral, balanced and very powerful. Maybe some of them got defective units

Users who are viewing this thread

Back