recommend me ck100 tips (same size as IE8)
Oct 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 11
Many people recommend the sony hybrid tips for the IE8 as well as the UE single and double flange.

I personally am enjoying the sony tips on my IE8 and I use it in conjunction with klipsch gels when I'm at home.

Oct 28, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people recommend the sony hybrid tips for the IE8 as well as the UE single and double flange.

I personally am enjoying the sony tips on my IE8 and I use it in conjunction with klipsch gels when I'm at home.

So the klipsch gels fit this size? They look comfortable.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the UEs fit without a shure olive?

Of course, stuffing is just a way to improve seal/isolation.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IME the CK100 need a tight seal to sound best. I use UE silicon tips (single flange) lightly stuffed with some foamies.

Could you show a picture of that? Thanks
smile_phones.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jukeboxbri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you show a picture of that? Thanks
smile_phones.gif

It's essentially the same mod I did with the SE530 here. Does not work for everyone, but works good enough for me. But your post made me reexamine my CK100 again and now I realize I used de-cored olives with the UE tips, not foamies. Sorry about that - I did experiment with both, but obviously stayed with the olives.

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #11 of 11
These are the tips you want to use, they sound much better than the Complies in my opinion. I just tried them today and they sound great!
smily_headphones1.gif
Just make sure you get the tips inside deep enough to form a good seal.

Advanced MP3 Players Shure PA749 Ultra Soft Flex Sleeves for E2C

EDIT:

After trying these with other sources I find the treble abit excessive, the black foam tips that come with it sound pretty descent IMHO and I probably would just go for those next time. They are durable too, the hole is small so I may drill it to make it abit bigger and see what it does to the SQ after I aquire more tips. Honestly though, I'm really thinking customs at this point, the JH-13's to be exact. I'm tired of trying Universal IEMs, they sound ok but each one I've tried is missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back