Recommend me an ipod skin
Dec 21, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #16 of 23
Got it now, fits in my apple dock too !

img5156fu0.jpg

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 23
that is purty, for lack of a better adjective

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 23
I really like the silicon rubber iPod Classic case from iFrogz. It adds a little bulk, but not much. Makes the 80 Classic just a tad thicker than the 5 generation iPod. Good protection, very easy slip on and off, and nowhere near the dust magnet I thought it would be, even in an extremely linty fleece jacket pocket.

The only head's up I would offer is that the optional Bandz have a tiny little headphone port. Any phone with an angled jack or a straight jack bigger than the stock iPod phones will not seat. I tried to enlarge mine with a paper hole punch, but wasn't very careful and cut the Bandz in half. But for $2 for the Bandz, give 'em a shot. They will protect the USB port from grit, dust and stuff. I'm probably going to order another set of Bandz and give them a second shot with the hole punch.

Tock

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #20 of 23
Not sure if best skins ever is an invisible shield, but invisible shield is the way to go, this stuff was designed to go on the leading edges of military helicopter blades.

Adds no bulk, no loss of aesthetic appeal, no loss of functionality, comes with a lifetime warranty for a free replacement if it ever gets scratched.

Quite simply, its the best out there.

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #21 of 23
From what I've read, BestSkinsEver uses the same "military spec" material. It's cheaper because it doesn't need to raise funds to cover a lifetime warranty. No fancy packaging. Comes in a letter envelope.

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 23
Precisely. It's cheap as you mentioned, so the warranty is moot. BSE is even cheaper at $8 shipped anywhere in the world. At that price, I'll buy a new one if a scratch or defect bothers me.Besides, who keeps these devices for a lifetime (wink).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back