Recommend me an ipod skin
Dec 2, 2007 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Have my VERY first Ipod coming on Monday
biggrin.gif
yay ! An Classic 80G. So I want to get a skin before getting it out of the box. Just wondering what people use. I have a few criteria.

1 - Doesn't add too much bulk
2 - protect the screen too
3 - Don't have a belt clip at the back, I keep my mp3 players in my pocket so a clip makes it too thick.

Bonus point 4 - If possible, can use the Apple universal dock with the skin on.

Is that too much to ask? I don't mind whether it is silicon, or a nice leather one with a flap cover as long as it covers those criteria.

p.s. No invisible shield please, i know it does protect it from scratches, it does nothing if I drop it. Add to the fact that i know i will never be able to put it on without having a gazillion air bubbles underneath it.

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 23
I've just ordered Marware SportGrip for my iPod Classic and Nano. 15US for classic and 10US for Nano.

It comes with screen and clickwheel protector. It can be used with iPod Universal Dock but without dock adapter.

Still waiting for it. :)

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moocher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest you get a metal case for use when you are out and about, but put a skin from the following place on it full-time. Very cool choices: I have the Ralph Steadman "Dr. Gonzo" on my Touch.

GelaSkins | Protection with Style, not Bulk

Mooch

What kind of metal case thou ?

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 23
I use InvisibleShield on the screen of my 160GB classic. It's perfect for me and the Ipod gets no bulk at all. I used full body protection on my gone 1st generation Ipod Nano. If you want a rubber/silicon protection case, iSkin is one of my favorites brands. I use one in my 2nd generation Nano and my sister uses one in her's Video. I've never tried a classic with iSkin though ...

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best Skins Ever Home Page

Its not a skin, its a film that goes over your entire iPod. You can watch some of the vidoes to show how well it protects from scratches.

i second that

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 23
I third the Best Skins Ever recommendation. I am not an iPod user, but I recently got a BSE film for my Zune and it is absolutely great. There are some tiny visible air bubbles, but those are slowly disappearing.

And for ~$7, you can get two in case you aren't happy with the first application.

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
100_3127.jpg

See? That right there is a real looker. I wish they made one for the Zune. What is that? A Griffin Reflect?. Ill google around and try to find the name.

Ah. iPod Reflect.

How well does this thing hold up against scratching?

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #15 of 23
I would LOVE a Vaja leather case but delivery time + cost is just too much for me to bear. I've gone for the Ipod reflect from above now
smily_headphones1.gif
Was really tempted to get the new iskin claro but at $40 + shipping for plastic and silicon and a non-removable belt clip just didn't fit my criteria.

About $20 for the ipod reflect, bargain
smily_headphones1.gif
Might get a Vaja after the holidays thou
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. DGM885, can you post some pics of your vaja cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back