recommend me an IEM for sleeping.
Apr 28, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #18 of 22
thanks for the responses. I was actually aiming @ PL50 from the start but i missed out on the focal price coupon. I just have to wait till there is a coupon again. I will be getting the Brainwavz M2 and will be testing it for the meantime. I wanted to get the westone but the price is too much for something i'll be tossing it around the bed. Im aiming for 60 USD below.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #19 of 22
You can google for more coupons. They show up a lot. The last time I shopped there I was tempted to get the PL50 at $45. Actually this thread kinda makes me want to get the PL50.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 22
Based on my experience, I can heartily recommend the JVC Air Cushions. I'm a side-sleeper, so the built-in cushions help brace the inner back part of my ear from getting poked while the overall shape helps to keep the IEM's in place. The cord is pretty thick and so far no tears to the cabling for me. Further, the cord doesn't catch on itself since it's coated smoothly, so double bonus!

I personally use "Music to Promote Sleep" CD (link below) for falling asleep. Just make sure to rip it in a high quality format since there are subtle sounds and waves that are used to lull you into calmness and eventual slumber
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazon.com: Music to Promote Sleep: Hennie Bekker;Dr. Lee R. Bartel: Music

Good luck, mate!

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #21 of 22
Personally, I use the Beats Tour. I use them with Comply T-500 tips. Since the tips are oversized for the Tours, I can push them all the way onto the IEM, and that lowers the amount of IEM that sticks out of my ear. They're pretty flat also.

I can't speak for the PL50's but they do look nice and flat. I'm tempted to get them also.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #22 of 22
To throw a bit more of confusion here, in addition to many models already cited, I would recomment both the NEW M9 and the M11. The M11 is extremely comfortable and the sound signature fits perfectly with the mood needed to sleep, very calmed and warm.

The M9 is not "calmed" at all, but it's on par with M11 in terms of confort. I've felt asleep many many times when wearing the M9 or M11, last time I slept all night with them on. When I removed them my ears didn't hurt a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back