Recommend me a SMALL amp
Sep 27, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could consider the Supermicro IV, Minibox-E, Tomahawk, etc.

whats the minibox-e? never heard of it.. link ?

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 39
C&C Box + is only $109 , solidly built, small, nice-looking, and sounds good. Not for 600^ cans, but for a portable its great for the price. www.headb.com

Also check out http://z-audio.com/index.html
Z-Audio has some inexpensive and nice sounding amps. I have the Mu,and i like it. Im listening to it right now with a Zune and my Senn.PMX100's.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #19 of 39
GO TOMAHAWK....NUFF SAID

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #20 of 39
The Tomahawk is a very good choice. It is small, available and sounds wonderful with In Ears. I should have bought mine earlier. The iBasso T1 or T2 a little bigger but much slimmer which would have made them my first choice as a portable amp. But since their SQ is so disappointing I cannot recomend them. They use a lithium-ion accu instead of normal batteries, that makes them so tiny.

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #21 of 39
[size=large]TomaHawwwwwwwk!!![/size]

Technically the Supermicro is smaller, but at least you'll get one of Ray's amps this side of 2008
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C&C Box + is only $109 , solidly built, small, nice-looking, and sounds good. Not for 600^ cans, but for a portable its great for the price. www.headb.com

Also check out http://z-audio.com/index.html
Z-Audio has some inexpensive and nice sounding amps. I have the Mu,and i like it. Im listening to it right now with a Zune and my Senn.PMX100's.

do you have any experience with the XO? it looks very nice..

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 39
The XO is a very nice looking amp. But there has been no rage over the SQ here at any time. So it seems to be a solid good looking amp but nothing special.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The XO is a very nice looking amp. But there has been no rage over the SQ here at any time. So it seems to be a solid good looking amp but nothing special.

thats unfortunate.. its very nice looking..

and the ibasso t2 seems underwhelming..

i think im gonna try and find a rsa hornet used.. i mean tomahawk*

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #27 of 39
just wondering.. the tomahawk should be able to drive my grado and other headphones right? i would like to add more headphones to my collection eventually.. i just dont want to spend a ton of money on this hobby

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just dont want to spend a ton of money on this hobby

HA!

What you want is an impossibility! Unless you get your ISP to block head-fi for good.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA!

What you want is an impossibility! Unless you get your ISP to block head-fi for good.
tongue.gif

lol lemme rephrase.. i want to spend my money wisely and get the most bang for my buck

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have any experience with the XO? it looks very nice..

I havent tried the XO amp. Most people say it sounds better, but out of the very few i have here,there isnt a huge difference out of my Zunes headphone out into easy to drive cans. I only have 4 amps here to judge by,so until i buy all the other amps i want,or go to a meet and hear them, thats all i can say.
Search the forum and get a general idea for now i guess.
So far the best is my big Realistic STA 2100D reciever. The headphone jack sounds great...lol. Im thinking about strapping it on my back with a car battery and a 12v to 117v converter
blink.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back