Recommend me a pair of earphones for $85 or under
Oct 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 36

mp4nation.net

they have very good bass.

Quote:

Link to the deal? I'm probably going to buy tonight. Might as well. I need a great set of earphones as I don't like the UE700s I have right now.

Just to confirm, do they have decent bass?

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #19 of 36
nobody really knows anything about the M3 yet. review samples were just sent out, it'll be another week or so until we hear some reviews.

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #23 of 36
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm not an audiophile, but a student with so little time to do heavy heavy research. I'll probably base my final decision off of the first link. The Head-Direct looks promising as does the M2.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 36
The M3 is a bit of an unknown at the moment both for SQ & fit, but reviews will be up soon.

$80 put you up to the RE0 as well.
The M2 have more bass quantity and are warmer than the RE0s.
The RE0s have better detail and more extended highs.
Think of the RE0 as analytical and the M2 as not that accurate but fun.

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #25 of 36
Tough call. Build quality for both is excellent!  I'm more of a "fun" type of person. I might play the occasional classical music which requires limited bass or a rock track that requires plenty of it. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #26 of 36
I enjoy both the RE-ZERO and the M2 because they are different from each other and both do their own thing well.

Oct 30, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #29 of 36

i can listen to almost anything on either.
If im at home acoustic and vocal (Jack Johnson, Sarah Bareilles) really shine on the ZEROs. There mids are forward, detailed and smooth.
The bass is very detailed on the ZEROs, but i do feel the need to bass boost them with my Walkman and my Rockboxed Clip+.
The M2 are warmer and darker and are tamed a bit in the highs. If i am out with background noise i will primarily use the M2s because of their increased bass quantity, fullness and warmth.
To listen to Enya with the M2s is absolutely eerie (in a good way).
There is enough highs to the M2 to put some crispness in the cymbals and highs, but they do have a warm dark signature.
I would say because of the extra bottom end the M2s would suit any music with a strong bass kick to it.
i would recommend the M2 for movies too.
Quote:
What are they good for? Specific types of music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back