Recommend me a good pair of portable headphones (over-ear, no IEM garbage)
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

EndlessMike

Head-Fier
So I need a good pair of portable headphones that'll I mostly use with an iPod to play FLAC Alternate Rock/Hip-Hop/House/Pop.

i'm looking for something that is preferably stylish (or just not downright ugly like alot of headphones are)

thanks!

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 13

Quote:
So I need a good pair of portable headphones that'll I mostly use with an iPod to play FLAC Alternate Rock/Hip-Hop/House/Pop.

i'm looking for something that is preferably stylish (or just not downright ugly like alot of headphones are)

thanks!

so IEM's are ...garbage? stepping on a mighty lot of toes there 

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 13

From my understanding, IEMs just couldn't give you the same quality sound as a pair of over-ear headphones could..but that's not the point of this topic and I don't mean to offend anyone..
Quote:
Quote:

thanks!

so IEM's are ...garbage? stepping on a mighty lot of toes there 

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 13
Dr. Dre Beats bro

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 13
No offense, but you seem awfully pushy and are making brash statements. Have you heard all in-ears to be able to say they are garbage? There are quality in-ears. And replying in your own thread to say "anymore?" when you are asking a good community for advice seems rude. Be patient. 

There are plenty of good looking on ears... I personally like the look of mine the AiAiAi TMA-1, but the sound isn't for everyone, and they don't fold. So they are not the most portable of portables... I'm not sure what you think is good looking... So I might also recommend ATH-Pro700GD. Though they are a bit flashy they do look nice. They sound pretty good too imo (though I have only listened to the black version). Again I don't know what styles you like, because "Stylish" is such an arbitrary and subjective word. What looks good to one will not to another.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 13
What, you guys are the ones being pushy and whatnot; that's just my opinion on IEMs, I don't like em..

Anyways the TMA-1 seems nice, I'm thinking of getting either that, ATH-ESW9 or a Sennheiser HD25 II....any suggestion on which one I should roll with?

Quote:
No offense, but you seem awfully pushy and are making brash statements. Have you heard all in-ears to be able to say they are garbage? There are quality in-ears. And replying in your own thread to say "anymore?" when you are asking a good community for advice seems rude. Be patient. 

There are plenty of good looking on ears... I personally like the look of mine the AiAiAi TMA-1, but the sound isn't for everyone, and they don't fold. So they are not the most portable of portables... I'm not sure what you think is good looking... So I might also recommend ATH-Pro700GD. Though they are a bit flashy they do look nice. They sound pretty good too imo (though I have only listened to the black version). Again I don't know what styles you like, because "Stylish" is such an arbitrary and subjective word. What looks good to one will not to another.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 13
One thing is not liking them and the other is stating their proficiency.

IEMs>Portable Headphones for the price though it's a completely different sound. On the other hand full-size headphones are better but not portable and require a very good source. 

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #10 of 13

These are pretty stylish, they will move your soul.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #12 of 13
Well you made it hard to take you seriously....There are certain IEMs that sound better than the portables mentioned here, but OT..

HD25>ESW9>MS400
in terms of clarity and the opposite is true in terms of warmth.

ESW9 isn't as userfriendly as the HD25 because it doesn't have a replaceable cable and it's build quality demands  care even though it's beautifully and solidly built. Read this thread for info on all 3. 

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 13
Here is a thread dedicated to reviewing portable headphones:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08

Now close this thread and go search there as you're just gonna keep getting trolled because of your thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back