Recommend me a DAP with Digital or Coaxial Output
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

legend24

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, recently I've taken interest in Mp3 player that allows optical or coaxial output, as I strongly do not believe it paying few couple of hundred dollars for a interconnect cable, I rather use a toslink to toslink cable

With all that said and done, please recommend me some DAP,
I tried googling, Mp3 like iriver, but the interface on the web there is really a headache, and also I do not know how to identify a mp3 player with optical output with all those technical terms in place

here is my condition
Must have good usability ( I owned a ipod touch b4) like easy navigation to various artist album, music etc etc

Optical output/ Coaxial output

Must be portable and not bulky

Prefer if it has a touch interface, if dont have nevermind

Good audio output

A bonus if the battery is interchangeable and not like ipod touch

So thanks in advance
Regards!!
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #4 of 11
From the little I've read around here.. there are only a handful of (portable yea?) DAPs with digital out:

Tonium Pacemaker
iRiver H120,140 (Dunno what else in this series)

But compared to the ipod, their interface is pretty much meh (maybe). Well, you can rockbox the iRivers.

EDIT: My bad, even the pacemaker, a supposedly 'professional level' portable dj mixer thingamajig only has a dedicated (analog) line out. So's the premium kenwood media keg series.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 11
haha apparently I just saw that thread, apologize for wasting "forum spaces"
Speaking of which does the imod has a similarly close features to those of with a optical output?
They bypass some circuit by instead out a digital output they use a idock output??

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 11
H120/H140 have optical in and out, combined with the analogue 3.5mm line in & line out. H140 is quite deep compared to itouch. If digital out is the most important feature I guess have accept h120/h140's don't meet your other requirements. Yeah stock firmware/navigation is pretty poor.

Listening to my H140 now :)

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am fairly certain that no DAP exists with digital output. Most even lack a line out.

Are there any DAPs in production with a built in analog line out (without a special cable or dock)?

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #11 of 11
well you can just buy a $20 ebay LOD cable, you dont have to spend a couple hundred dollars; you can spend a couple hundred on a mini to mini cable, just like you can on LOD, in fact often the same quality costs more with mini to mini because of needing 2 minis instead of 1 and an LOD connector which costs less money. and again the iriver has line out on analogue 3.5mm jack there actually arent that many; there are other players with line out, but most use some form of dock connector AFAIK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back