Recommend IEM similar in size to UE700
Feb 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

New Head-Fier
My beloved Ultimate Ears 700 iems have bit the dust. These were the most comfortable pair I've found thus far due to the small body. I know I could order another pair off of Amazon, but they've been discontinued by Logitech, so ultimately I'm going to have to find something else. Can anyone recommend something with a similar design/size? Budget would be $300 and under.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 8
Rockit Sounds R-50 and Fischer Audio DBA-02 both use the same type or drivers (TWFK) like UE700. I'm gonna be honest, I've never heard any of them, but after reading multiple reviews it seems to me that DBA-02 sounds the best out of the three but R-50 isn't far behind and costs only $120.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the recs - the DBA-02 looks good, but seems people are concerned about the build quality. Anyone have any other recommendations, especially ones they've heard? I liked the sound of the UE700, but wouldn't mind an upgrade in sound either. I like a full, detailed sound with a good balance (not too bright or bassy). Something I didn't mention, but it would also be great if there were a wire option with iPhone controls - not a must but a bonus.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 8
The  Hisoundaudio Golden Crystal is tiny and sounds good.  If you don't mind something jutting out of your ear, I'd recommend you look at the Klipsch X10i.  I find it really comfortable and easy to get a good seal.

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 8
buy another pair
smily_headphones1.gif
...they rule

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
The  Hisoundaudio Golden Crystal is tiny and sounds good.  If you don't mind something jutting out of your ear, I'd recommend you look at the Klipsch X10i.  I find it really comfortable and easy to get a good seal.

+1

X10 is the closest signature to UE700, the difference is UE700's treble is brighter and extend further, but X10's mids is smoother, bass impact is about the same, though I think X10's bass extend a bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back