Recommend headphones that sound similar to monster beats by dr dre but are cheaper
May 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 19
The most similar cans I have heard in terms of the BASS the Beats dish out are the Denon AH D1001 which are under £90 on Amazon. I have only tried both headphones out of ipods and at listening stations in shops. Both, for me had a bass that overwhelmed, but they did sound excellent for say dance/pop fans. The Scissor Sisters had a real kick to them.

May 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
The most similar cans I have heard in terms of the BASS the Beats dish out are the Denon AH D1001 which are under £90 on Amazon. I have only tried both headphones out of ipods and at listening stations in shops. Both, for me had a bass that overwhelmed, but they did sound excellent for say dance/pop fans. The Scissor Sisters had a real kick to them.

thats exactly what i was looking at to buy thanks

May 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
looks like i will be buying the sony MDR-XB700

Halt! I've auditioned the XB700 before, and here's my impression. The bass certainly didn't lack in quantity, but the quality was mediocre at best. They seemed to add a constant rumble to all my tunes. Besides that, the mids and highs were just disgusting. Nya!

May 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 19
Right its now 4 options sony mdr xb700  ,denon ad1000, creative aurvana live.. or the ath m50 ....i listened to the dr dre headphones again today  and i did like the the bass.. so which of these has the sound signature of beats by dr dre

May 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
Right its now 4 options sony mdr xb700  ,denon ad1000, creative aurvana live.. or the ath m50 ....i listened to the dr dre headphones again today  and i did like the the bass.. so which of these has the sound signature of beats by dr dre

Tbh, The M50 is the best and more balanced sounding out of all of them. Denon 1001 = Creative Aurvana Live (same thing).
Depending on ya budget though, there might be other good alternatives so what is your budget?

May 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #15 of 19
Get the Denon then MarkL mod it. That will tighten up the bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back