Recommend Headphone for Home office
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #16 of 16
Looking for a set of headphones to replace my Grado sr60’s.

Budget:
$200 or so tops

Requirements:
Work well with a modmic 5, nice soundstage with positional awareness, not too much base. Comfortable for all day use. Clarity. A joy to use.

Usage:
I work from home and I use my sr60’s all day, listening to Spotify and taking voip calls for work, hence the requirement to work with my modmic. I’m not a high end audiophile, but I enjoy quality experiences. I’m not looking to spend money just to spend money. Rather I want something that will bring me joy as I listen to Spotify or my iTunes library while I soldier on through work. If the cans need a few slight mods to work well, I’m ok with that. So long as in the end I don’t want to rip them from my head after 8-12hr days. Figure I got use to the Grado’s (with Better pads). Since I work at home 100% of the time, I have no need for noise cancellation... so they can be open or closed, I just don't want them to be hot since I wear them all day.

What I was considering;
Second set of upgraded Grado’s (sr80, sr225) or maybe Foster t50rp 3’s. That’s about what I’ve looked at so far.

My equipment:
I use an iMac, which splits from the audio port, I have a modmic in the mic split. And then I split from audio to a xenyx 802 mixer. When I output to my headphones and soon a set of desktop speakers for when I’m not chained to my home office desk. If needed I can toss in a small headphone amp too (but I would need to buy one).

Thanks in advance.

If you like Grado, I'd go for a (used) SR225. I recently upgraded from SR125, and there's definitely a real improvement (just sounds fuller/better despite less treble). But I'm not sure an iMac would do it justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back