Recommend FLV to MP3 converter?
Nov 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 10
VLC media player do what you want...
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 10
Well, first, a lot of the high-quality videos on Youtube have high-quality Mp4 audio streams associated with them. You can download these directly by using DownloadHelper.

For other videos, I use a very small standalone program called FLV Extract. It will extract the Mp3 file from the FLV at whatever bitrate it happens to be.

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 10
Dec 10, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 10
What is the point of converting to 256kbps? You'll just be recompressing it and losing quality, whether the file was at a lower or higher bitrate to begin with.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, first, a lot of the high-quality videos on Youtube have high-quality Mp4 audio streams associated with them. You can download these directly by using DownloadHelper.

Eh, if you mean the "high quality" setting, it is 96 kbps mp3. If you mean "&fmt=18" HD quality Youtube, it's 128 kbps AAC.

In other words, why the ***** bother?
You're far better off 'acquiring' it via other means.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 10
Yeah, I meant &fmt=18.

As for bothering, sometimes the song is literally not available elsewhere. For example, I had to use Downloadhelper to get the audio from a Khoomei throat singing video because the video is the one and only recording of that particular song, which was improvised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back