Recommend a MP3 player for a bass head.
Feb 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AhhHoNG

100+ Head-Fier
hi all, was wondering which mp3 player out there has the best EQ for bass.I was using the sony S736F and i lost it last week
frown.gif
. The clear bass boost is impressive and i like it very much. For now, i would like to have a change. was looking up cowon i9 which sound exactly like the S9. Is mach3bass and their eq superior to Sony clear bass? And yes, i would like good clarity, highs and soundstage as well, jus that i prefer deep bass more. Thanks alot for your time.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon DAP is not as bassy as Sony`s
if you are basshead, Sony is for you

really? sigh..i was tinking about a change from sony.
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 13
Yeah, Cowon are only bassy if you turn on bass. But then, your are turning up the gain on a bass rolled off player already, probably introducing more distortion into the signal. Cowon players lose most low bass resolution through bass roll off or high pass filter. Either the signal caps make the system go down the tubes or the internal amp cannot drive 16-80Ω loads very well. I don't know which it is.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 13
thanks all for the reply. so i conclude that clear bass > mach3bass?. okay.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #9 of 13
Samsung dap's are basshead players as well. My old Q2, as well as my P3 can really go quite low - and clear as well. IMO the bass equal to my S639.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 13
think i will get the cowon i9. Sony is too expensive for a student like me
frown.gif
hope the i9 dont fail me in the bass section
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks all.

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #13 of 13
The i9 with EQing has plenty bass, as much as the P3 or X I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back