Recomendation wireless headphones w/mic 250-450 USD
Jan 12, 2022 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Igotmyheadphnes

New Head-Fier
Hello all, it's been nearly a decade since my last post or comment! With the forums help I picked a headset (Phillips Oneil Streth) that lasted 7 years, broke (siblings), ordered dead stock of the same set which are going on 3 years! But I need something new. I'm once again overwhelmed with reviews and ratings. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Wireless/Bluetooth for pc (Dell Precision 5560) teams meetings and music and phone calls on Android (S20 plus)
  • Over ear
  • Built in mic, can't do boom unless its removable
  • Durable, I'm in and out of country and manufacturing plants
  • Budget is 250-450 USD
  • Usb type c for charging or connecting dongles
I feel like I'm looking for a unicorn. The "big names" that pop up when looking for wireless over ear headphones all seem to have problems. Sony WH-1000XM4 have QC issues with an entire ear piece breaking off and no customer support when it happens. Bose QC 45, static and issues with NC and bad mic quality. Sennheiser Momentum 3 have connectivity issues and no manual off switch besides folding them. Im hoping for a hail Mary like what I received 10 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 8
So I went with those 65s and went through 2 pairs. First pair wouldn't connect or show up for any devices. Tried my S20+, Dell Precision work laptop, friends IPhone XR, and a friend's new IPhone 13 pro max. Second would connect and either had mic issues or just a very bad sound pickup and nobody could hear me. So any other suggestions lol?

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Have you tried the Audeze Mobius? I enjoy its sound and they're comfy enough for longer sessions. The stock mic is rubbish, but you can get a replacement mic from Audeze for I think $40, which should be a lot better than the stock one. Doesn't have noice cancelling though, not sure if that was actually a requirement..

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 8
I use a Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal. I think Amazon sells them for under $400 now so they should be in your budget. I like it because I can use an Xbox wireless dongle on my work laptop rather than Bluetooth and easily switch back to Bluetooth on my phone with the push of a button. Haven't had any complaints about mic quality. They're lightweight, but they seem more durable than that might suggest

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 8
Have you tried the Audeze Mobius? I enjoy its sound and they're comfy enough for longer sessions. The stock mic is rubbish, but you can get a replacement mic from Audeze for I think $40, which should be a lot better than the stock one. Doesn't have noice cancelling though, not sure if that was actually a requirement..
I did look at the audeze, but they seem to have a similar quality issue as the Sony with an entire ear piece breaking off.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 8
I did look at the audeze, but they seem to have a similar quality issue as the Sony with an entire ear piece breaking off.
Oh ok, wasn't aware of this. My set has been functioning fine :) Good luck with the search!

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 8
So what other wireless headphones have you tried? What did you end up buying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back