Recomendation: Headphones for Ipod (unamped)
Aug 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

emiliomendoza

New Head-Fier
Hello:

I´m new in the Hifi, and I need a recommendation for a good headphones. Things that are important:
Budget: 100 - 170 dollars.
For listen: Jazz ( Brubeck, Mehldau, Metheny, etc), Bossanova, Acustic, soft rock and clasical music.
I only can hear with one ear, I will use mono convert in the phones. But I have a very good ear to music, so a very good definition is important to me.
No amp, I will use in my Ipod (lossless encoder).
I live in Mexico City, so Grados are not an option ( I can´t find a dealer in my country, and US dealers don´t sell outside US).
I prefer closed headphones, but I can live with open ones if the sound makes diference.
Thanks in advance, and sorry my english...
Emilio

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 13
I can't speak from personal experience, but I've heard the SRH840 runs well unamped. Unless you do some hardcore deal searching though, it might be tough to get them less than 199.99 outside of the USA, but it's worth a try!

If you order them from headphone solutions you could also get the Senn PX100 or something like that included... IDK how good those would be, but seem like a good portable can.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 13
One more question:

I know that are open cans, but: Alessandro series one, Can be a good choice?, I like the price, I search for the SRH840, but $200.00 and $39 more of shipping, is a total of 240 dollars; is still a good choice for the price??

Thanks again

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by emiliomendoza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more question:

I know that are open cans, but: Alessandro series one, Can be a good choice?, I like the price, I search for the SRH840, but $200.00 and $39 more of shipping, is a total of 240 dollars; is still a good choice for the price??

Thanks again

Could well be, but there's one in the FS forum, check it out.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 13
The m50 gets my vote.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 13
Closed - ESW9's
Open - MS1's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back