Recomendation for Headphones
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
Oh and my setup with the e17 is

iPod nano 7G + 3.5 to 3.5 cable + e17 + shure se535

Not quite right, you need to use a FiiO L9 LOD (or something similar) with the Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter for your Nano 7th Gen to avoid double amping.  The VAMP is for iPhone 4/4S only so it won't work for you (it will if you use the adapter but it's not great), and the VERZA is really the way to go plus it is cheaper.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 22
is that verza compatible with iphone 5 as an external DAC? does that prevent double amping or the DAC thing in the iphone? man this is really killing my wallet hahahaha but i really do appreciate sound quality 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
is that verza compatible with iphone 5 as an external DAC? does that prevent double amping or the DAC thing in the iphone? man this is really killing my wallet hahahaha but i really do appreciate sound quality 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the VERZA was designed with iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen in mind.  You can get the iPhone 5 to dock with the VERZA directly with the Matello case too.  However, you will need to get a short Lightning to USB interconnect on your own, or use the Apple Lightning to micro-USB adapter with a micro-USB to USB cable.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
Yes, the VERZA was designed with iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen in mind.  You can get the iPhone 5 to dock with the VERZA directly with the Matello case too.  However, you will need to get a short Lightning to USB interconnect on your own, or use the Apple Lightning to micro-USB adapter with a micro-USB to USB cable.

hmmm ok so now im thinking of getting a verza instead of trying to find different cables and adapters compatible with my e17.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
hmmm ok so now im thinking of getting a verza instead of trying to find different cables and adapters compatible with my e17.

Sure, but the L9 LOD plus the adapter will only cost you $10 + $25-30 new.  And I would like to think you can spare $40 while saving up $600 for the VERZA :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back