Recomendation for Headphones
Jul 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

soundofpraise

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone i just wanted to get a recomendation for a headphone that has great detailed sound with awesome thumping bass that goes well with all types of music and also can be used with an iphone 5. my budget is around $400 - $500.

any recomendations would be very much appreciated.

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 22
Try the Dt700 32 ohm version. Pretty good for a closed can.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 22
I can't seem to find that DT 700. I found a DT 770 pro. Is that like an upgrade from the DT 700? Amazon is selling the DT 770 pro 32 ohm but is that worth it? Those v-Modas are also catching my attention.

V-moda m100 or beyerdynamics DT 700?

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:
I can't seem to find that DT 700. I found a DT 770 pro. Is that like an upgrade from the DT 700? Amazon is selling the DT 770 pro 32 ohm but is that worth it? Those v-Modas are also catching my attention.

He meant DT770 Pro 80ohm, there is no DT700 I know of. You could eq the bass of the DT770 to be more but stock the M100's have more bass, and they fold up but they are more money, the DT770's probably have a little better detail. There is also the DT770 AE 32ohm.

Some people say the D600's are bass heavy but I don't really think so, For $500 id try to score a pair of used D5000's.

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

(I believe the poster meant DT770, not DT700)
The Audio Technica ATH-A900X sounds better then the DT770, and as the A900Xs are only 38-Ohm, should be easy for the iPhone 5 to drive them.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 22
Wow 3 headphones to choose from. V moda m100, beyerdynamics DT770pro, or Audio Technica ATH-A900X. I guess i would be considered a bass-head but which of the three has a good punchy bass for sub bass heavy songs but still have that amazing detail to separate that bass for more mid to high songs? Like an orchestra concert for one person. or like eating an In n Out double double(best burger i ever had) being able to taste the lettuce cheeze beef secret sauce easily apart from eah other but still being able to enjoy every bite as a whole. hahaha im not making sense am i? anyway... have there been any issues for any of the three? I seem to be gravitating toward the v moda m100 due to my heavy bass head.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:
Wow 3 headphones to choose from. V moda m100, beyerdynamics DT770pro, or Audio Technica ATH-A900X. I guess i would be considered a bass-head but which of the three has a good punchy bass for sub bass heavy songs but still have that amazing detail to separate that bass for more mid to high songs? Like an orchestra concert for one person. or like eating an In n Out double double(best burger i ever had) being able to taste the lettuce cheeze beef secret sauce easily apart from eah other but still being able to enjoy every bite as a whole. hahaha im not making sense am i? anyway... have there been any issues for any of the three? I seem to be gravitating toward the v moda m100 due to my heavy bass head.

from my own experiences, The V-Moda M100's are the best (though i havent tried the DT770).

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 22

Sounds like you should rule out the A900X. They are undoubtedly more balanced than the other two headphones--less bass emphasis.

I only got to listen to the M100s briefly, but I thought them a little bit better headphone than the DT770.

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:
Just got those M100 and man they are awesome! i am very satisfied

Now save up for a VERZA.  Trust me, when you pair it up with the M-100, it will blow your mind.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #14 of 22
Hey I've been reading about getting that vamp/verza. Which one works with the lightning connector for the iPod nano 7G or iPhone 5? I have a Fiio e17 but I am getting the impression that theres something wrong with my setup when I read other threads. Got any advice? That vamp looks so awesome and it seems like its so very worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back